[comp.sys.amiga] Transactor Magazine - is it still alive?

w2up@ka2qhd.UUCP (Barry Kutner W2UP) (01/03/90)

I havent received a copy of Transactor Magazine for about 4-5 months.
A letter to the publisher yielded no reply. Have they gone under??
Please reply via E-mail. Thanks/Barry

fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) (01/04/90)

In article <81@ka2qhd.UUCP> w2up@ka2qhd.UUCP (Barry Kutner W2UP) writes:
> I havent received a copy of Transactor Magazine for about 4-5 months.
> A letter to the publisher yielded no reply. Have they gone under??

Would somebody with the latest number of Transactor
please post any or all of the following:
the town to which they moved in the last few months,
their street address for subscription matters (ie complaints),
any current phone number that might lead however indirectly
to the subscription (mis)handling department.

Oral History Department:
(Read only if you chronically masochistic)
   2 months back I received a phone call from someone at their new
location. He said they had moved and he was cleaning up messages left
at their old number during the move. (This number now disconnected)
Halfway through a conversation that held promise for resolving my
problems, we had one of our frequent power failures, the phone system
panicked and flushed the call, and I was left with no way to call
back. That seemed OK since he had promised that 3.1 (?) was going out
the door RSN, and my specific back issue complaint (caused by my never
receiving a renewal notice, coupled with their sporadic publishing
schedule) would be addressed.
   Of course that was the end of it ....

--
-Frank Cunningham   smart: fc@lexicon.com	phone: (617) 891-6790
		    dumb: {husc6,linus,harvard,bbn}!spdcc!lexicon!fc

kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (01/05/90)

In episode <525@lexicon.com>,
we heard fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) say:
|In article <81@ka2qhd.UUCP> w2up@ka2qhd.UUCP (Barry Kutner W2UP) writes:
|> I havent received a copy of Transactor Magazine for about 4-5 months.
|> A letter to the publisher yielded no reply. Have they gone under??
|
|Would somebody with the latest number of Transactor
|please post any or all of the following:
|the town to which they moved in the last few months,
|their street address for subscription matters (ie complaints),
|any current phone number that might lead however indirectly
|to the subscription (mis)handling department.
|
|Oral History Department:
|...since he had promised that 3.1 (?) was going out
|the door RSN

Well, I stayed out of this discussion until now, but this posting
prompted me to check the Transactor I picked up in WaldenBooks while
christmas shopping.  I'd been assuming you all were talking about
the _next_ issue, you see, but, upon examining the cover, darned
if it wasn't Volume 3, issue 1, the ?october?'89? issue.

Anyway, The box on the table of contents page lists:
office number (416) 764-5273
fax number    (416) 764-9262
Order line    (800) 248-2719 x 911

Editorial/subscription address is
TransAmi {Subscriptions|Editorial Dept.}
10-85 West Wilmot Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada, L4B 1K7

Checking the postcard thingie in the center of the magazine, I
see the additional phone # of (416) 764-5274 and the address
Transactor
501 Alden Road
P.O. box 3250
markham Industrial Park
Markham, Ontario
L3R 9Z9
(This is where your subscription/fish disk/Transactor disk order
would go if you folded it for the canadian address instead of
the US address.  The US address is
Transactor
P.O. box 338 Station C
Buffalo, NY  14209-9990)

Spot comparisons with the previous issue (V 2.6) and last january's
(V 1.4) show the exact same info; in other words, this is probably
old data.

Since I seem to have the only Transactor 3.1 on all of Usenet, I may
as well add that the letters column includes a large letter with
photos describing the 'snapping' monitor problem and how to really,
truly fix it...If anyone is going to die without this info, let me
know.

Kenneth Herron