[comp.sys.amiga] DB23's, Where can I get them?

STU00@vx.acs.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) (01/04/90)

Hello all,

I need to make a short extension cable for my monitor cable.  It has to be
on the Amiga end (see note 1), and therefor it must be a 23pin connector.
Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  It would be a plus if
it was in the Twin Cities, but I will take them anywhere I can get them.

*note 1, -> I put my Amiga 500 into a 2000 case.  The monitor cable plugs
	in fine, but I want to plug in a genlock.  The 1" space between
	the connector and the case just isn't big enough to put a
	genlock in.... ;(

-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
"Running on the power of a stolen mandolin."
	- Jethro Tull -

					Stuart Stanley
					stu00@umnacvx
-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-

mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com (Mike Shawaluk) (01/05/90)

In article <7349@nigel.udel.EDU> STU00@vx.acs.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) writes:
>I need to make a short extension cable for my monitor cable.  It has to be
>on the Amiga end (see note 1), and therefor it must be a 23pin connector.
>Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  It would be a plus if
>it was in the Twin Cities, but I will take them anywhere I can get them.

The last time I checked, Safe Harbor, a good Amiga-only mail order company,
carried them.  Give them a call at (800) 544-6599, and tell them Mike S. sent
you :-)

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with Safe Harbor, other than being a
satisfied customer, and good friends with the proprietors.
--
   - Mike Shawaluk
"Rarely have we seen a mailer  ->  DOMAIN: mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (01/05/90)

In article <7349@nigel.udel.EDU>, STU00@vx.acs.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) writes:
> I need to make a short extension cable for my monitor cable.  It has to be
> on the Amiga end (see note 1), and therefor it must be a 23pin connector.
> Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  It would be a plus if
> it was in the Twin Cities, but I will take them anywhere I can get them.

I was looking for DB23 connectors about 9 months ago.  They are also used on
the external drive cable if you didn't aleady know.  I have one catalog and
two business cards of people that sell the DB23 connectors.  They are:

CNE
305 University Blvd
Glassboro, NJ 08028
(609) 881-6779

"D" Connectors

23 Pin Male    $0.75/each  $0.625/each quant 10
23 Pin Female  $0.65/each  $0.575/each quant 10

"D" Connectors with Hood

DB23 Male    $3.00/each
DB23 Female  $3.50/each

LTRON
8245 Brookside Rd.
Elkins Park, PA 19117
(215) 671-1613
(215) 924-4000
FAX (215) 464-4616

Bill Barrick
13 Lafayette Drive
Phoenixville, PA 19460
(215) 933-0369

Prices not listed for the last two as I don't have a catalog for them.  The
prices are all about the same so pick whichever one you want.  The prices and
addresses are all from April 1989 so they may have changed.

Standard disclaimer applies.  I neither work for or endorse any of the above
companies.

             ____ ____    ___
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: uunet!dayvb!fac2

pete@i-core.UUCP (Pete Ashdown) (01/07/90)

In article <7349@nigel.udel.EDU>, STU00@vx.acs.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) writes:
>I need to make a short extension cable for my monitor cable.  It has to be
>on the Amiga end (see note 1), and therefor it must be a 23pin connector.
>Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  It would be a plus if
>it was in the Twin Cities, but I will take them anywhere I can get them.

Benetech Electronic Supply sent our local user group a mailer about DB-23's.
They have them, although they are relatively expensive.

D-23P (Pins, male)  $1.50
D-23S (Sockets, female )  $1.70

They are also willing to do group discounts if you can throw together a big
enough order.

Benetech Electronic Supply
P.O. Box 4000085
Euless, TX  76040