[comp.sys.amiga] DiskIcons

douglee@becker.UUCP (Doug Lee) (01/08/90)

In article <1801@becker.UUCP> you write:
>In article <1088@crash.cts.com> lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) writes:
>|[...]
>|Save the Icon, then (the important step!!)
>|Rename it as "Disk.info". It MUST be this name for it to take effect!!
>|Do a re-boot and you should have your new icon.
>
>	Try using "loadwb" on the CLI command line
>	to see the effect of a changed "disk.info"
>	file...

This works, but you lose about 15K each time you run loadwb. This also starts
a new workbench process and opens a new borderless backdrop window, which you
can't see because there is no easy way to move the new one in front. A better
solution which MIGHT work is to try diskchange on the appropriate device. This
doesn't work on floppies, but does work on my particular hard-drive interface
(Supra).
		     <<<Doug>>>

--
Doug Lee