[comp.sys.amiga] Help with Imagewriter II

steved@pro-realm.cts.com (Steve DiGiovanni) (01/06/90)

Does any one out there use an Imagewriter II with the Amiga?
Mine will start to print ok then the printing gets broken up with text &
weird characters. I have a 1000 running under 1.3;. Dips are set according to
the 1.3 manual. The cable is from Redmond. Also the paper will pump through.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ?????????

UUCP: crash!pro-realm!steved
ARPA: crash!pro-realm!steved@nosc.mil
INET: steved@pro-realm.cts.com

tom@microsoft.UUCP (Tom McConnell) (01/09/90)

In article <1092@crash.cts.com> steved@pro-realm.cts.com (Steve DiGiovanni) writes:
>Does any one out there use an Imagewriter II with the Amiga?
>Mine will start to print ok then the printing gets broken up with text &
>weird characters. I have a 1000 running under 1.3;. Dips are set according to
>the 1.3 manual. The cable is from Redmond. Also the paper will pump through.
>ANY SUGGESTIONS ?????????

I had the same problem, for a year and a half I messed around with all sorts of
software configuration thinking that I was doing something wrong.  In actualiyu
it turned out that my 8520 chip went flaky.  There are two of them, and they
can go just flaky enough to cause erroneos garbage to go to the printer
occasionally.  I had the chip replaced, and it work perfectly.

Hope this helps.
-Tom

--
"Hey COW!"  _____________((      "My employer couldn't care less about cows..."