[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga A590 Hard Drive Boot problem ???

2200ai@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (01/04/90)

I have an A590 hard drive and am running kickstart 1.3 and am autobooting off
the A590.  99% of the time when I first turn the computer on (cold boot) the
590 will not boot.  I get no request for workbench or anything. All I get is
a white screen and the computer is off in limbo.  If I hit CTRL-AMIGA-AMIGA it
boots fine.  I never have problems with warmboots.  Is this a problem with the
590 or the 500?

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Mike Montona

casebolt%esdc.span@fedex.msfc.nasa.gov (01/09/90)

From:	FEDEX::"amiga-relay-request@louie.udel.edu"  3-JAN-1990 20:33:25.90
To:	ESDC$SPAN::CASEBOLT
CC:
Subj:	Amiga A590 Hard Drive Boot problem  ???

From: 2200ai@gmuvax2.gmu.edu
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Amiga A590 Hard Drive Boot problem  ???
Date: 4 Jan 90 00:56:28 GMT
To:       amiga-relay@udel.edu
Sender:   amiga-relay-request@udel.edu

I have an A590 hard drive and am running kickstart 1.3 and am autobooting off
the A590.  99% of the time when I first turn the computer on (cold boot) the
590 will not boot.  I get no request for workbench or anything. All I get is
a white screen and the computer is off in limbo.  If I hit CTRL-AMIGA-AMIGA it
boots fine.  I never have problems with warmboots.  Is this a problem with the
590 or the 500?

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Mike Montona

MIKE,
	Could be the same problem the 2090a controller has with the SCSI
Segate drives. The  Segate drives don't come ready before the controller
expects and so the machine fails to cold boot. Someone told me of the same
problem with another drive type (I can't remember the drive type??)...

Richard Casebolt
205-544-2966