[comp.sys.amiga] Anyone looking for a good deal on blank disks?

denbeste@spdcc.COM (Steven Den Beste) (01/07/90)

I'm only a satisfied customer of this place - I have no financial
attachment to them.

ERM Inc., Electronic Liquidators
37 Washington St., 4th floor
Melrose MA 02176

Voice: 617-662-9363
Fax (24 hours) 617-665-4956

Here's the price for DS-DD Disks:

  $7.00/10 disks
 $27.00/50 disks
 $49.00/100 disks
$240.00/500 disks
$455.00/1000 disks

Minimum order $50, customer pays all shipping. The first time I bought
from these guys I did it by phone and charged it to my credit card -
delivery was two days later by UPS (but then, it's only about 25 miles
from me). Second time I went there in person.

These are decent disks. The batch they're selling off now was
originally purchased by Lotus (also in this neighborhood) on which to
sell PS/2 software. (Hohohahaheeheehee....) They've been mass-erased,
and ERM will replace bad disks 1-for-1 with no questions asked, or so
I've heard. My feeling about that is that I'm willing to accept a rate
of about 3 disks per hundred as being bad no matter whom I'm buying
from, so I haven't had to bother them about it. This last time I bought
200. (I immediately fed 50 of them to Quarterback, which I ALWAYS use
in read-after-write mode. It only complained about one bad disk in 50.)

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (01/09/90)

Febrary Computer SHopper, 'round page 120, look for the MEI ad.
49 cents a disk, minimum of 25.  Sure, it costs a bit more for larger
orders, but for small orders, it's much better.
DISCLAIMER:  I have no connections with MEI or Computer Shopper...
--
John  M.  Adams    --*--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!
Internet:  jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (01/10/90)

In article <21663@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>Febrary Computer SHopper, 'round page 120, look for the MEI ad.
>49 cents a disk, minimum of 25.  Sure, it costs a bit more for larger
>orders, but for small orders, it's much better.
>DISCLAIMER:  I have no connections with MEI or Computer Shopper...
>--
>John  M.  Adams    --*--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!
>Internet:  jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu
>"I saw it in a cartoon, but I'm pretty sure I can do it." Steve Wright

	I know that a number of others on the net have commented on MEI in
the past about getting bad disks. I have ordered from them on 4 separate
occasions, and have so far used about 500 disks from them. Not a bad one yet.
I recommend them, but you need to be aware that others have had problems and
you might get a bad batch.