[comp.sys.amiga] Debuggers?

In <3629@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, jn163051@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Joel Nevison) writes:
>--------------------
>Thanks for the responses on the assembler question.
>Could someone out there tell me about debuggers.
>I'd like something to do register dumps, set breakpoints, inspect memory
>and single step at a bare minimum.   Ideally I would also like something
>capable of trace functions and execution time measurements.
>I don't need 68881 support.
>Thanks in advance!

The best debugger, in my opinion, is MetaScope, from Metadigm. It has all the
bells and whistles you could want.. breakpoints, multiple windows, labels from
your code, change instructions 'on the fly', dynamically look at memory and see
changes as they happen, single-step, GO, trace by level of subroutine call,
trapping of exceptions, and much, much more. Last I looked it was about $90.
John at The Computer Room should have them in stock or quickly obtainable (if
you are near Denver.. not sure where CO State U is).

-larry

--
"Cavett Emptor - Let the talk show host beware!" - Evan Marcus

jn163051@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Joel Nevison) (01/10/90)

E-mail responses to jn163051@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu