[comp.sys.amiga] X-Specs 3d Glasses

jwb@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Jeff W. Brogden) (01/05/90)

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been posted recently but...

Last night I was flipping through the manual that comes with Haitex's X-Specs
and read something about a developers kit.  I decided to order it.  In the
manual, the address and phone numbers below are listed:

	Haitex Resources, Inc.
	208 Carrollton Park, #1209
	Carrollton, TX 75006
	Phone:  214-241-8030
	BBS #:  214-484-2961

However, upon calling the phone number, I was greeted with a recording saying
that the number had been disconnected.  I called information and the operator
said there was no Haitex Resources listed for Carrollton.

So, does anyone have their current address/phone number, or know if they are
still in business?  If so, please e-mail it to me.

I sent in my warranty card to the above address several months ago.  I never
heard anything from them then, but that is not unusual for most software
places.  I would have thought they would have sent out a change of address
letter or something though.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

Jeff Brogden					| Kansas State University
Internet: jwb@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu          	| Manhattan, KS.  66506
BITNET: jwb@ksuvax1.bitnet                  	| Office phone: (913)532-6350
UUCP: {rutgers,texbell,atanasoff}!ksuvax1!jwb	| Home phone: (913)776-5798

nor1675@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil (Michael Figg) (01/05/90)

In article <1990Jan4.234641.11131@deimos.cis.ksu.edu>, jwb@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Jeff W. Brogden) writes:

> Last night I was flipping through the manual that comes with Haitex's X-Specs
> and read something about a developers kit.  I decided to order it.  In the
>
> However, upon calling the phone number, I was greeted with a recording saying
> that the number had been disconnected.  I called information and the operator
> said there was no Haitex Resources listed for Carrollton.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this, but I'll add what I know. Our
user group here in Columbus, Oh. (AmiCON), did a group order for the X-Specs,
and for awhile it looked like the company had gone out of business because
we didn't get the order, and got the same response when calling. Our Public
Relations person found that 1) They hadn't filed for bankruptcy and 2)          eventually found that they had moved to South Carolina, I think South Carolina.

I don't have anymore information, but do know that we did get our order and
that they seem to be still in good shape. I didn't order the glasses myself
but I'll talk to others and see if I can find a new address/phone number.

--
"Could we be the bellwether  | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 of major societal shifts?"  | DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh

blubaugh@ucqais.uc.edu (Amiga Fanatic) (01/09/90)

In article <1723@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil>, nor1675@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil (Michael Figg) writes:
> In article <1990Jan4.234641.11131@deimos.cis.ksu.edu>, jwb@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Jeff W. Brogden) writes:
> >
> > Last night I was flipping through the manual that comes with Haitex's X-Specs
> > and read something about a developers kit.  I decided to order it.  In the
> >
> I don't have anymore information, but do know that we did get our order and
> that they seem to be still in good shape. I didn't order the glasses myself
> but I'll talk to others and see if I can find a new address/phone number.

I've talked to Shawn Glisson, president of Haitex, just before Christmas.  He
and the company survived hurricane Hugo and can be reached at

phone (803) 881-7518

mail  P.O. Box 20609
      Charleston, South Carolina  29413-0609

I believe that a new developers' package is about to be released, and I have
some new software coming out for the glasses.

--
Dwight Blubaugh, Technical Advisor, Ohio Valley Amiga Users Group (OVAUG)
UUCP: {decuac,mit-eddie,phri,pyramid}!uccba!ucqais!blubaugh.UUCP

nor1675@dsac.dla.mil (Michael Figg) (01/09/90)

In article <2225@ucqais.uc.edu>, blubaugh@ucqais.uc.edu (Amiga Fanatic) writes:

> I've talked to Shawn Glisson, president of Haitex, just before Christmas.  He
> and the company survived hurricane Hugo and can be reached at

Apparently Haitex, only moved from Carrolton, Texas to Charleston, South
Carolina because they didn't like the weather in Texas. I hear it can get
real breezy in Charleston also :-) . From what I hear they moved within a
couple of weeks of when Hugo hit, but fortunately their product was still
sitting in a warehouse in Texas.

--

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (01/10/90)

In article <2225@ucqais.uc.edu>, blubaugh@ucqais.uc.edu (Amiga Fanatic) writes:
> In article <1723@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil>, nor1675@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil (Michael Figg) writes:
> > In article <1990Jan4.234641.11131@deimos.cis.ksu.edu>, jwb@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Jeff W. Brogden) writes:
> > >
> > > Last night I was flipping through the manual that comes with Haitex's X-Specs
> > > and read something about a developers kit.  I decided to order it.  In the
>
> I've talked to Shawn Glisson, president of Haitex, just before Christmas.  He
> and the company survived hurricane Hugo and can be reached at
>
> phone (803) 881-7518
>
> mail  P.O. Box 20609
>       Charleston, South Carolina  29413-0609
>
> I believe that a new developers' package is about to be released, and I have
> some new software coming out for the glasses.
> --
> Dwight Blubaugh, Technical Advisor, Ohio Valley Amiga Users Group (OVAUG)

The Haitex glasses setup is shipping for $124.95 (from
Haitex, s/h incl..)  They also have a special package deal where
you can order Mindware International's PageRender 3D (lists at
$160) together with the glasses setup for $180 or so.

The developer's package - is incomplete, expected release date
about 3 weeks.  Price = $49.95, currently shipping as betaware.
The assembly pieces (libraries) of the package are done, but the
glue to C routines is not ready yet.  (I'm just quoting, I don't
know about glue...)  Sort of put together but not tested.

The Haitex glasses are (according to the folks there) more like
the Japanese version of the Nintendo glasses than they are like
the Sega glasses.  You can use the Sega glasses with the Haitex
adapter, but they'll flicker more and the colors will be brighter
(?).  A major note is that the Sega glasses are for a child-sized
head.  Haitex sells the glasses ALONE without the adapter critter
for $49.95, in case you want to plug another pair into the adapter
(there's two plugs.)

Their combo BBS/fax number is (803)881-7522.

Disclaimer: All this info is from the guy I talked to at Haitex.
(I just put in an order, so I can't even say whether I'm a satisfied
customer yet, but I'm not otherwise connected to them.)
--
Robin LaPasha               |Deep-Six your