[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 AT Bridgeboard VGA adapter and ONE monitor?

duncanj@umd5.umd.edu (James Duncan) (01/07/90)

   Is it possible to have an A2000 with the AT Bridgeboard and
an installed VGA adapter drive only ONE monitor?  Is it possible to
have something like a Box with an A/B switch so that you can toggle
between the Amiga and the AT VGA display using only one monitor?

--

mgh1@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (matthew.g.hetman) (01/08/90)

In article <5890@umd5.umd.edu>, duncanj@umd5.umd.edu (James Duncan) writes:

>    Is it possible to have an A2000 with the AT Bridgeboard and
> an installed VGA adapter drive only ONE monitor?  Is it possible to
> have something like a Box with an A/B switch so that you can toggle
> between the Amiga and the AT VGA display using only one monitor?

Yes......I have just that setup. I have an AT Bridgeboard with a ATI VGA
Wonder Card with built in Microsoft Mouse port. However, I am told that
you should not switch between monitors while the system is powered up. It
could cause damage to the monitor or possible the VGA board an or CPU. I
have the NEC Multisync II monitor with this setup and am very pleased
with it.

  ________      ______                                       Matthew G. Hetman
( /  /  /        / /          /   /     ____                 AT&T Bell Labs
 /  /  /   _    / /          /---/       /   ____  _    __   (201) 386-7259
/  /  (___/-\__/ /____      /   (___()__/____///__/-\__/ /_  attbl!whscad1!mgh

mgh1@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (matthew.g.hetman) (01/11/90)

In article <3526@cbnewsl.ATT.COM>, mgh1@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (matthew.g.hetman) writes:
> In article <5890@umd5.umd.edu>, duncanj@umd5.umd.edu (James Duncan) writes:
> >
> >    Is it possible to have an A2000 with the AT Bridgeboard and
> > an installed VGA adapter drive only ONE monitor?  Is it possible to
> > have something like a Box with an A/B switch so that you can toggle
> > between the Amiga and the AT VGA display using only one monitor?
>
> Yes......I have just that setup. I have an AT Bridgeboard with a ATI VGA
> Wonder Card with built in Microsoft Mouse port. However, I am told that
> you should not switch between monitors while the system is powered up. It
> could cause damage to the monitor or possible the VGA board an or CPU. I
> have the NEC Multisync II monitor with this setup and am very pleased
> with it.

Although I am pleased with this setup, I am having some difficulties.
Right now, I am unable to use any virtual disks between the Bridgeboard
side and the Amiga side. I have run PC Disk in my startup sequence as well
as PC Window. The ATI Wonder card comes up find with full VGA capability
however when I run JLINK trying to setup the Amiga ram as a ram disk
for the Bridgeboard, the bridgeboard locksup and I have to reboot. My setup
is a Seagate 30 meg hard card on the IBM side, an 8-up board with 4 1 meg
Pop Simms, the ATI Wonder VGA Wonder board, and a GVP Hardcard with Quantum
80s on the Amiga side. Everything seems to be working find together with the
exception of Jlink to either Amiga Ram disks or using Amiga HD on the AT
Bridgeboard side. I have turned off both color and mono emulation from PC
Prefs and I am presently lost on what to try next. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

  _______       ______                                       Matthew G. Hetman
  (  /  )        / /          /   /     ____                 AT&T Bell Labs