[comp.sys.amiga] Was - How good is new Fujitsu 136M SCSI Drive?

stan@jazz.UUCP (Stan Fisher) (01/13/90)

In article <19711@watdragon.waterloo.edu> apdonsig@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Allan Donsig) writes:
>There is a new SCSI drive out from Fujitsu....
>
>	136 MB, SCSI I, 25 ms, 3 1/2", 1 1/2" thin
>	$1499 CDN  (~1100 US)
>
>This sounds great for a Microbiotics hardframe or A2091, though
>I wish I knew the max transfer rate...
>Does anyone have any warnings for me about this combination,
>or an alternate suggestion for a 100-150 Meg drive?  I'd like
>something at least as fast as 25ms.  It doesn't have to be
>a 3 1/2; I could mount it in the A2000's 5 1/4 bay.
>
>I really don't want to go out and spend that kind of money and
>end up with something I cannot use for some silly reason.
>
>---------------

This looks like a good time to post my drive for sale:

   Micropolis 1674-7  5 1/4" Half Height SCSI drive
   158Meg Formatted Capacity
   16 ms.  Average Access
   64Kbyte built in cache buffer
   10Mhz internal data rate

   I get just shy of 800K per second Diskperfs with it on a 2090A in a
   2500/20.  Very fast efficient drive.
   Only about 6 mo. old  (low time)

*** $800.00  Firm ***

  E-mail or phone (see sig)

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804