[comp.sys.amiga] 2090A 1st SCSI Drive - Connector

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (01/12/90)

Please excuse me if this seems stupid, but I can't figure out which
way to insert the 50 pine connector for a SCSI drive on my 2090A
controller. The manual just says where to plug it. There are no
markings on the 2090A connector other than it's name & the connector
is symmetric.

If the answer is somewhere in my Amiga material, I sure can't find
it.

Thanks Much,
Kent Polk

In <24858@swrinde.nde.swri.edu>, kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
>Please excuse me if this seems stupid, but I can't figure out which
>way to insert the 50 pine connector for a SCSI drive on my 2090A
>controller. The manual just says where to plug it. There are no
>markings on the 2090A connector other than it's name & the connector
>is symmetric.
>
>If the answer is somewhere in my Amiga material, I sure can't find
>it.

>From the 2090 User's Guide, page 19:

   Pin 1 on the SCSI connector on the Hard Disk Controller in in the lower
   right.  There will be a small "1" marked on the board.

>From the 2090 User's Guide, page 39:

   A pinout digram of the 50 pin SCSI connector, showing it in the proper
   orientation as seen when looking at the component side of the board with the
   Zorro connector fingers at the bottom.

-larry

--
"Cavett Emptor - Let the talk show host beware!" - Evan Marcus