[comp.sys.amiga] F/18 sub mission solution

mikew@frodo.uucp (01/13/90)

I wrote:

> I've seen a number of messages stating it was impossible to sink
> the sub/carrier and the only way to complete the mission was to down
> 5 migs. I was able to sink the sub/carrier by ******* ** ** *** *********,
> it's not an easily duplicatable task but I have been successful more than
> once. What was your method? I seldom play F-18 anymore, I prefer Falcon
> but I'm still curious as to whether I missed something in the game.

He wrote:

Actually, my comment about sinking the sub was meant ironically when I said
it (I assumed, like most others, that it was impossible; just a red herring)
but your comment about success with ******* ** ** *** ********* certainly
causes me to ponder.  I don't believe this is common knowledge at all.
I must try this immediately!  If indeed this is all correct why not have
some fun with this publicly?  Like not telling exactly how to do it but
dropping a hint or two and letting people suffer.  Then all the flames
will come about how it is impossible and you don't know what you are talking
about.  And then someone will finally do it and you will have the last laugh!
Just a thought. |-)

Thanks for the hint!

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato

  "Truly great madness can not be achieved
   without significant intelligence."  -Henrik Tikkanen

   Sounds like a good idea to me Jimmy.

Mike Wooten

IBM Adv Workstation Development
INTERNET:  ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!mikew@frodo.austin.ibm.com

Mike Wooten             (if you want words of wisdom go find zippy)