[comp.sys.amiga] Dragon's Lair II Demo

gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) (01/12/90)

I heard a rumor that Dragon's Lair II was to be done by a different
company. In the same rumor, I was told that a demo was now available
on Compuserve for the game. It was said to only run under 3Meg of
memory or 2.5 Meg without using a Fat Agnus to boost the sound.

Supposedly the anim runs 96 SECONDS!

Has anyone seen it? Does anyone want to put it up to an FTP
site? <A gleam of greed in my eyes so I can laugh at my MS-prone
roomate>

--
BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN
"I know my familiar is a vampire duck, just don't mess with it."

ja26612@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (01/15/90)

I have the Dragon's Lair II demo.  You are right, it runs for 96 seconds.
It looks really nice.  The scene where he swings from rope to rope looks
neat.  There are a few problems though.  If you don't have the 1M Agnus,
there will just be music, no digitized sound.  I have 4.5M chip ram and it
still won't work.  I assume they will fix this in the release.  Also, on
a 68030, the graphics are sped up and get out of sync with the digitized
speech and music.
Other than that, it's a great demo, and if you let me know what ftp site
would be convenient I could see about uploading it...

Jeff

valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea) (01/15/90)

In article <111400076@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> ja26612@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> I have 4.5M chip ram and it still won't work.

Believe me, you don't have 4.5M chip ram.

Valentin

keithh@atreus.uucp (Keith Hanlan) (01/15/90)

In article <4814@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) writes:
>I heard a rumor that Dragon's Lair II was to be done by a different
>company. In the same rumor, I was told that a demo was now available
>on Compuserve for the game. It was said to only run under 3Meg of
>memory or 2.5 Meg without using a Fat Agnus to boost the sound.
>
>Supposedly the anim runs 96 SECONDS!
>
>Has anyone seen it?
	I've seen it. It comes on two disks which says "please copy"
	The demo is so impressive I made a copy just to show off my machine.
	In fact, it is *SO* impressive I'll probably buy a copy of the
	game even though I don't usually like arcade style games.

	The game has a control panel so you can save games and select
	difficulty level. There is also, for those into self-punishment,
	a FLIP option so that branches are randomly flipped from their
	standard orientation. I.e. You went left at this point last time.
	Left may not be the same this time...

	It also can be installed on a hard-disk. If it didn't, I wouldn't
	buy it.

	Yes, the demo does need 3MB. So does software development... :-)

>Does anyone want to put it up to an FTP site?
	Sorry. No can do. Walk into your dealer with two blank disks.

	Keith Hanlan
Keith Hanlan
Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa, Canada 613-765-4645
uunet!utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!bmers58!atreus!keithh or keithh@bnr.ca