[comp.sys.amiga] DTVideo

brandonl@amadeus.WR.TEK.COM (Brandon G. Lovested) (01/11/90)

Could someone give me a succinct list of books & program critiques
dealing with DeskTop Video and the Amiga 2000?
Books aren't that easy to come by, at least those specific to Amiga.
Consider: Someone interested in multimedia, has just purchased an Amiga,
	  knows little about this subject (though I have been working
	  indirectly with professional systems for years).

Also, anyone care to give some helpful feedback on whether or not
PageStream would be a 'cost-effective' way to go for DeskTop Publishing
(nothing too professional, just fun)?

Thanks a lot!

						+                   *	    +
							*
								+      *
- - - - -------======<<<<<{{{{{{[[[[[[ BRANDONIUS  brandonl@amadeus.WR.TEK.COM
						 +                    +
          					      *       *           *

tim@mcrware.UUCP (Tim Harris) (01/16/90)

In article <1309@wrgate.WR.TEK.COM> brandonl@amadeus.WR.TEK.COM (Brandon G. Lovested) writes:
>Could someone give me a succinct list of books & program critiques
>dealing with DeskTop Video and the Amiga 2000?
>Books aren't that easy to come by, at least those specific to Amiga.
>Consider: Someone interested in multimedia, has just purchased an Amiga,
>	  knows little about this subject (though I have been working
>	  indirectly with professional systems for years).

	There is a good book out by Austin Speed III entitled, "Desktop Video:
A Guide to Personal and Small Business Video Production".  This book was
written for the home desktop video maker in general but Mr. Speed uses
an Amiga 1000, Commodore Genlock, Deluxe Paint & Deluxe Video.  He goes
through setups ranging from simple home units to good small business or
serious hobbiest setups complete with edit controllers.  He covers 2-3
video projects he worked on in detail, enough to get anyone started.  This
is the book that got me going in DTV.
	The Abacus series for the Amy is also coming out with an "Amiga Desktop
Video Guide" that is suppossed to be printed soon.  It is supposed to cover
the basics of DTV.
	There is also a DTV & Animation special issue of Amiga World due out
in mid-January that is reported to cover DTV, review genlocks and review
titling/animation software.   Another magazine to consider is VideoMaker,
it is a video mag but seems to cover the Amiga quite regularily plus is
very good for general info on home video work.
	These sources should give anyone a good start in DTV.  My interest
started in mid-summer and I've already done about 10 videos ranging from
10 minutes to 1 hour ranging in complexity from very simple to fully
edited videos with titles, graphics and heavy audio mixing.

	Tim Harris (...!sun!mcrware!tim)