[comp.sys.amiga] RawCopy V1.3 and FaTracks disk copiers

MARCUS%MOLE.PCL.AC.UK@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Talking With Myself) (01/16/90)

>From: Steve Warren <swarren@uucp.eugene>
>Date: 10 Jan 90 22:47:47 GMT

>Anyone have experience with either RawCopy V1.3 or FatTracks disk copiers?
>The ad in INFO makes them sound very attractive.  I would appreciate
>hearing from someone who has used one of these programs to back up
>some of the recent hard-to-copy games.

I haven't heard of FatTracks, but I had RawCopy V1.3. The advice is the same
anyway - NO copier can copy ALL amiga disks WITHOUT hardware. I've tried so
many and they are all USELESS!

There is only ONE copier worth getting the Cyclone II hardware/software
combination. This has copied ALL my protected disks.

It comes with X-Copy II from Cachet Software of West Germany. Sorry, I don't
have the address on me.

You can buy it without the hardware (her in the UK anyway) as it's easy to make
the dongle *if* you can get db23's. I know of no UK outlet for db23's. I posted
the pinouts for the dongle a while back - did they get through?

>--Steve

^M^

marcus@uk.ac.pcl.mole - JANET
marcus%mole.pcl.ac.uk@ukacrl - BITNET/EARN