[comp.sys.amiga] ka9q tcp/ip amiga ???

dan@modcomp.UUCP (01/13/90)

I'm looking for the ka9q amateur tcp/ip package for the amiga.
I would appreciate any info, pointers, etc. on how to find it.
Thanks in advance.

uunet!modcomp!dan Dan Grostick 305-977-1558

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (01/14/90)

A version of the KA9Q TCP/IP code is available for anonymous FTP from
SAYSHELL.UMD.EDU.  It is a port of the the NOS 890830 version; as I
speak, er, type, I'm doing a port of the NOS 900105 version, which
should also be available soon.  Look for a file in /pub directory
called amiganos.zoo.

This is not a "production" release of the KA9Q code.  The code base
that I am porting from has not yet been released either, and no
documentation has been prepared.  I am more interested in having
people *test* it, rather than use it as production quality software.
Idealy, you should already have some expierence with the NOS code.

The distribution is in ZOO format, and includes all the sources
necessary to build it.  You will need Lattice C 5.04 to compile it,
and a system with a hard disk.  On my system (A2000, 1M memory, A2090
controller, medium speed 30MB hard disk), it takes a little over an
hour to compile and link all of the modules.

Before anyone asks, no, I can't mail copies of this to people.  If you
can't FTP it, you're out of luck.  The "release" version will likely
appear on a Fish Disk and probably also be available from TAPR, along
with the PC version.  Don't look for the release version for the Amiga
until after the PC/MSDOS version since that's the porting base.

louie WA3YMH

ammrk@swbatl.UUCP (Mike R. Kraml) (01/17/90)

In article <103900002@modcomp> dan@modcomp.UUCP writes:

>I'm looking for the ka9q amateur tcp/ip package for the amiga.
>I would appreciate any info, pointers, etc. on how to find it.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>uunet!modcomp!dan Dan Grostick 305-977-1558

I have several versions of tcp/ip for the Amiga,  however, they are all old
and rather out dated.  I have too been looking for a decent version of this
wonderfull package for the Amiga, so if you find a fairly recent version, (after
may of 1988), please let me know.  Thanks, Mike...

  Mike Kraml - Manager-Separations MECHANIZATION - SWBT - (The Techies)
  UUCP: {uunet, bellcore, texbell}...!swbatl!slims!ammrk