[comp.sys.amiga] Re^2 Stanley Chow

SUGGS@freddy.dnet.hac.com (Brian) (01/16/90)

  Stanley quotes from pages 1-8 and 1-9 of the M68000 Programmer's Reference
Manual:
"... For this reason, the MOVE from SR instruction has been added to allow user
program [sic] unhindered access to the condition codes."

If Stanley really understands the "*subtle* implications" of the questions
being raised, then he obviosly realizes that this is a typo and should read
"... the MOVE from CCR instruction has been added..." this allows a user
program to get at the Condition Code Register portion of the Status Register.

Brian Suggs
bsuggs@hac2arpa.hac.com

schow@bcarh185.bnr.ca (Stanley T.H. Chow) (01/17/90)

In article <8282@nigel.udel.EDU> SUGGS@freddy.dnet.hac.com (Brian) writes:

>  Stanley quotes from pages 1-8 and 1-9 of the M68000 Programmer's Reference
>Manual:
>"... For this reason, the MOVE from SR instruction has been added to allow user
>program [sic] unhindered access to the condition codes."
>
>If Stanley really understands the "*subtle* implications" of the questions
>being raised, then he obviosly realizes that this is a typo and should read
>"... the MOVE from CCR instruction has been added..." this allows a user
>program to get at the Condition Code Register portion of the Status Register.
>
>Brian Suggs
>bsuggs@hac2arpa.hac.com

Hot damn! So the MOVE SR is a bug in the documentation as well as a bug
in the design. And in the *fifth* edition too. Boy, Motorola just can't do
anything right. :-)

Hmm, I got a ton of flames for pointing out one bug, I hope you don't get quite
as much for pointing out the other. I happen to have this well-tested asbestos
suit for sale - guaranteed flame resistant. Call me and we can talk :-)

Stanley Chow        BitNet:  schow@BNR.CA
BNR		    UUCP:    ..!psuvax1!BNR.CA.bitnet!schow
(613) 763-2831		     ..!utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-rsc!schow%bcarh185
Me? Represent other people? Don't make them laugh so hard.

vmr@psuhcx.psu.edu (Victor M. Ricker) (01/17/90)

Is there a way that we can keep dorks like Stanley Chow, who obviously have
nothing creative to add to the Amiga discussion, out of comp.sys.amiga?

I'm getting sick of having to read all this garbage at 1200 baud! Bashing
motorola, bashing the amiga, the fm towns, etc...

My k key is getting worn out!  Gimme a break!

-Vic Ricker vmr@hcx.psu.edu