[comp.sys.amiga] Games: Shadow of the Beast

axjjb@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (BRYANT JOHN J) (01/12/90)

  I am having some problems with shadow of the beast.  (The manual isn't
very informative when it comes to strategies)..anyways...
I have solved the first underground scenario and hav made it to the castle.
I get to the castle and take the first ladder up..but that leads to dead end
(after going through several enemies)..which way do I go?
What do I do?   HELP!!!!!

(At least it is not like Space Ace..solved in one night..60 bucks for 6 hours
of play...hmmm..but I still like it so I guess it was worth it)...

also...I am thinking about getting some new games again..
either sim city, space quest III(any good?), and hopefully a C compiler..
got any ideas for games...please email me......

ric@hpspdra.HP.COM (Ric Peregrino) (01/13/90)

space quest III is good. real time game playing skill as well as problem
solving required.

ric @hpspd

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (01/15/90)

WARNING - SPOILER FOLLOWS

You need to go left and take the first ladder up. Then right. At the end
you need to go down along a bit and up again, then jump off! I've neg-
lected to include the nasties you'll meet, though one is worth mention-
ing as you CAN'T avoid it hitting you - a red blob which appears on the
upper half of the long ladder before you jump off. The thing you're
eventually looking for is a spanner!
#  J.Gold                            |    mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr               #
#  University of Bath , UK           |    jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths                #

 - upper half of the long ladder before you jump off. The thing you're
 - eventually looking for is a spanner!

What the hell is a spanner ?

Brett

4203_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca (01/17/90)

In article <6040@cps3xx.UUCP>, usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
>  - upper half of the long ladder before you jump off. The thing you're
>  - eventually looking for is a spanner!
>
> What the hell is a spanner ?
>
> Brett

Without consulting a dictionary, I believe that it's a big adjustable wrench.

...Steve van der Burg

   Svan@uwovax.uwo.ca
   University of Western Ontario
   London, Ontario, Canada

fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) (01/17/90)

In article <6040@cps3xx.UUCP> usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> What the hell is a spanner ?
In the colonies, we call it a wrench.
--
-Frank Cunningham   smart: fc@lexicon.com	phone: (617) 891-6790
		    dumb: {husc6,linus,harvard,bbn}!spdcc!lexicon!fc

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (01/17/90)

In article <6040@cps3xx.UUCP> usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:

> - upper half of the long ladder before you jump off. The thing you're
> - eventually looking for is a spanner!
>
>What the hell is a spanner ?

Oops, sorry, intra-lingual boo-boo (syntax error at line 10). You may
call it a wrench - a device for undoing nuts (hexagonal fixing devices
for screws [threaded pins for fastening]). Hint: once you have it, you
can use it to get rid of any bright sparks in your way???

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (01/18/90)

In article <6040@cps3xx.UUCP> usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:

| - upper half of the long ladder before you jump off. The thing you're
| - eventually looking for is a spanner!
|
|What the hell is a spanner ?

	I think it's the same thing as a
	crescent wrench.

	"What the hell is a crescent wrench?"...

--
  ,,,,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \$$/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu