[comp.sys.amiga] F/A-18 help requested!

VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/08/90)

Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

Help!! Please!!

Chris

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (01/09/90)

VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

Yes.  BUY the game, then read the documentation.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.usa

davidb@hplsla.HP.COM (David Bakeman) (01/10/90)

/ hplsla:comp.sys.amiga / VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu /  4:06 pm  Jan  7, 1990 /
> Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

Check your manual or the keyboard quick reference.

David Bakeman

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (01/10/90)

davidb@hplsla.HP.COM (David Bakeman) writes:

|/ hplsla:comp.sys.amiga / VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu /  4:06 pm  Jan  7, 1990 /
|> Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

|Check your manual or the keyboard quick reference.

If he had the manual, he wouldn't be asking, now would he?

I lost my %&$#^! Starglider II manual and now the $&#^&&! game doesn't
work. I hate games that tie you to manuals. I hate them.

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
***  Copyright 1989 by Sean Casey. Only non-profit redistribution permitted.

hamilton@intersil.uucp (Fred Hamilton) (01/10/90)

In article <13634@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:

> I lost my %&$#^! Starglider II manual and now the $&#^&&! game doesn't
> work. I hate games that tie you to manuals. I hate them.

  I have my %&$#^! Starglider II manual and now the $&#^&&! game doesn't
  work because the DISK-based copy protection chokes on my 68020. Is
  this guy _into_ copy protection or what?

> Sean
> --
> ***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
> ***  Copyright 1989 by Sean Casey. Only non-profit redistribution permitted.
> ***  "Gotta warn ya, if you're not a RUSH fan, well, what's *wrong* with you?"
> ***     -DJ during WKQQs Four HOURS of Rush special.
--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (01/10/90)

In article <13634@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:

>I lost my %&$#^! Starglider II manual and now the $&#^&&! game doesn't
>work. I hate games that tie you to manuals. I hate them.

That is exactly why I always use NewZap on my programs. Zeroing the
passwords and in 4 cases of 5 they work.

					Karl

P.S No FLAMES I just keep them MYSELF no pirating of those programs.

<$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$>
< Karl 'Kalle' Hultland    <$>                                               >
< Dept. of Comp. sci.      <$> d87-khd@sm.luth.se |                          >
< University of Lulea      <$> {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d87-khd     >
< Sweden                   <$>                                               >
<$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$>
<      If two people agree on EVERYTHING , one of them is OBSOLETE!!         >
<$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$><$>

robocop@netmbx.UUCP (Thorsten Ebers) (01/11/90)

In article <20907@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

You should read the manual carefully.There is an overview of keys in the manual.

>Chris
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Ebers                      Overseas:..pyramid!tmpmbx!netmbx!robocop
Goerresstr.20                       Europe  :..altger!tmpmbx!netmbx!robocop

ric@hpspdra.HP.COM (Ric Peregrino) (01/11/90)

press shift f for rescue pod

ric@hpspd

davidb@hplsla.HP.COM (David Bakeman) (01/11/90)

>/ hplsla:comp.sys.amiga / sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) /  1:24 pm  Jan  9, 1990 /
>davidb@hplsla.HP.COM (David Bakeman) writes:
>
>|/ hplsla:comp.sys.amiga / VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu /  4:06 pm  Jan  7, 1990 /
>|> Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?
>
>|Check your manual or the keyboard quick reference.
>
>If he had the manual, he wouldn't be asking, now would he?
>
>I lost my %&$#^! Starglider II manual and now the $&#^&&! game doesn't
>work. I hate games that tie you to manuals. I hate them.
So do I.  However, if people didn't pirate software software wouldn't have
to be tied to a manual!

I appologize to the original poster if a lost manual was the problem.

David Bakeman

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (01/11/90)

The question was ..

>|> Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18
>Interceptor?

The answer was:
>davidb@hplsla.HP.COM (David Bakeman) writes:

>|Check your manual or the keyboard quick reference.

Well Sean , you see, this is America. And here in America we beleive that if
we SUSPECT STRONGLY that you may be pirating software , we don't need to
prove it or anything , we instantly puff out our chests , feel superior and
get sarcastic.

The obvious implication is that you are a Pirate. Since we all KNOW that no d
ecent , normal human being would ever lose a manual.

I'll look it up , when I fint the key I'll mail it to you ...

(you realise this make me an accomplice.)

LOOK gang , I agree that pirates are swine and all, but does it make you
feel THAT good to get annoyed whenever anyone asks for help???

Everything I say is (c) 1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) (01/11/90)

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) writes:

>VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>>Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

>Yes.  BUY the game, then read the documentation.

Now now.  Perhaps he just wanted to know the CORRECT way to drop it.  The
manual also tells you how to land on the carrier the first time but that
didn't stop a dozen crashes for me learning the technique.  Same with the
pod.  Now, if we want to be mean to someone we can just let them figure out
how to sink the sub/carrier without any help. :-) :-)

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (01/11/90)

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

}The question was ..

}>|> Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18
}>Interceptor?

}The answer was:
}>davidb@hplsla.HP.COM (David Bakeman) writes:

}>
}>|Check your manual or the keyboard quick reference.

}The obvious implication is that you are a Pirate. Since we all KNOW that no d
}ecent , normal human being would ever lose a manual.

Well, the person in question managed to lose BOTH the manual _and_ the
quick reference.  And the last time I trashed a manual I just called
the folks that produced the program, gave them my serial number and got
a new one (actually, it took writing them a letter and sending them
some money... but then it wasn't _their_ fault that *I* lost the
@#$%@#$ thing).   It is hard to imagine that the registered owner of
F/A-18 couldn't call whoever-it-was who made the game and make
arrangement to have them send him just a new quick reference card, no?

}LOOK gang , I agree that pirates are swine and all, but does it make
you }feel THAT good to get annoyed whenever anyone asks for help???

No.  It is just a bit irking to suspect our newsgroup is being used as
a tech support line for what _feels_ like a pirated copy of the game.
... and as I say, even if it isn't a pirated copy, as it may well not
be, a registered owner has other, "lower profile" ways of getting
answers like that.  If I posted asking 'what does "Be Square" mean on
the Dpaint III "Perfs" menu?', what would you assume?   That I'm the
registered owner of Dpaint III, or that I "happened upon" a disk of it
and I'm trying to puzzle it out in the dark?  This is basically the
same sort of situation.]

  /bernie\

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) writes:

}farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) writes:

}>VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

}>>Does anybody know how to drop the rescue pod in the game F/A-18 Interceptor?

}>Yes.  BUY the game, then read the documentation.

}Now now.  Perhaps he just wanted to know the CORRECT way to drop it.

How many ways ARE there to drop it?

}The
}manual also tells you how to land on the carrier the first time but that
}didn't stop a dozen crashes for me learning the technique.  Same with the
}pod.

Perhaps, but then he didn't say 'How the hell do you get the pod "close
enough" -- every time I try it says "pod landed too far away"?', did
he?  Folks have asked *precisely* _that_ question in the past, and have
been given very nice "How I fly low and slow enough to get it to work"

}Now, if we want to be mean to someone we can just let them figure out
}how to sink the sub/carrier without any help. :-) :-)

Again, no question.  But there is, of course, a BIG difference between
questions about bugs/undocumented hacks in programs like this, and
questions that can only arise if one doesn't have ANY of the
documentation that came with the game.

/bernie\

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (01/13/90)

in :

>----------
>  Resp: 10 of 11 by *Masked* at bbn.com
>  Date: Fri Jan 12 1990 03:28
>
>No.  It is just a bit irking to suspect our newsgroup is being used as
>a tech support line for what _feels_ like a pirated copy of the game.
>... and as I say, even if it isn't a pirated copy, as it may well not
>be, a registered owner has other, "lower profile" ways of getting

Ok, so what you are saying is that we should take to >slandering< wich is
almost what happened, the reputation of someone we don't know, in a public
forum, without evidence?

I like it , that way , I dont have to worry about helping the confused, I
can just say they pirated it.

I would respectfully suggest that if you dont have an answer, or anything
other that something like "go read the manual jerk" you save us the
bandwidth.

Unless of course , you just like feeling patriotic and all and showing what
a good anti-pirate you are .

(BTW -- Lest anyone GET the wrong impression, I write AMiga software for a
living here , and would be just as upset to LEARN , as opposed to suspect,
that someone was pirating software.

Everything I say is (c) 1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (01/14/90)

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

}in :
}>  Date: Fri Jan 12 1990 03:28
}>
}>No.  It is just a bit irking to suspect our newsgroup is being used as
}>a tech support line for what _feels_ like a pirated copy of the game.
}>... and as I say, even if it isn't a pirated copy, as it may well not
}>be, a registered owner has other, "lower profile" ways of getting

}Ok, so what you are saying is that we should take to >slandering< wich is
}almost what happened, the reputation of someone we don't know, in a public
}forum, without evidence?

Foo.  There was no slandering (barring the technicality that you
apparently don't know what slander is... try a dictionary and compare
its definition with libel).  The open question is given a program with
a totally simple to understand manual, why should anyone EVER give more
of an answer to such a question other than "Gee, you must have missed
it: it is right there on the bottom of page 9"?  If the person is NOT
pirating, then that is _more_ than enough help (is it not?); if the
person IS trying to puzzle out a priated copy, we're not parties to
it.  What could be easier?  No accusations, no bad feelings, no
flaming... just a simple answer and a simple respone.

}I like it , that way , I dont have to worry about helping the confused, I
}can just say they pirated it.

Helping the confused?  Huh?   No, you're missing the point.  All of the
"slandering" (sic) generally occurs in the followups as folks like you
go off half-cocked.  I repeat: no need for recriminations or
namecalling.  The only necessity for the mention of the p-word is to
remind the somewhat, er, uh, 'slower' of the usenet reading audience
that this is a question that is *perfectly* answered by nothing more
than a reference to the manual... AND that if you volunteer a whole lot
more help [that is, if you are gracious and/or dense enough to read the
person the manual over the net], you _might_ be helping abet the spread
and use of pirated software.

  /bernie\

evans@shuksan.UUCP (Gary Evans) (01/18/90)

In article <25ab4af6:3735.4comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP>, tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

> The question was ..

> >Interceptor?

The answer is:  Shift + F
	Dispense Rescue Pods. Releases rescue pods in some missions.
--
					Gary Evans
					Boeing Aerospace Co.