[comp.sys.amiga] A3000 - 32 bits

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (01/18/90)

In article <534@lexicon.com> fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) writes:
>In article <24903@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
>> Also, what about other high-speed applications that could make use
>> of a 32 bit path - like coprocessors and graphics accellerators?
>
>Digital Audio at any reasonably quality level.

You get my drift.

Actually I sure would like to see some DSP applications running on the
Amiga.  I need them for technical applications, but the music world
sure could benefit from such devices. I just read today about another
DSP program (probably just software, not even a DSP chip) on the MacII.
And as slow as the MacII is...

I keep harping on the lack of technical software for the Amiga, cause I
sure could use it. Finally, I am doing something about it, but I expect
the software wouldn't be of general use and I don't have time to make
it glitzy either. However, I would consider discussing such with some
technical software types. I'm full of ideas. (Big ones though)

Just wish I could get Matt to be interested in this stuff :^) :^)
(Isn't he an EE or something like that?)

Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute - kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
        Motto : "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"