[comp.sys.amiga] VLT questions

VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/10/90)

Does anybody have the documentation for the vt100/tek 4010 emulator VLT?
It was distributed without doc's and said something about finding them on some
network.  I can't remember exactly what it said.
I like this program a lot and would like to know how to use some of its special
features.
BTW, is 3.656 the latest version?
While I'm asking about terminal prog's, what do you all think is the best
comm program?(vt100, ANSI, or whatever)
And finally (boy I'm just full of questions today) how do I find out how to
use AREXX?  I hardly even know what it is, but I noticed that VLT has an
AREXX Macro menu item.
Well, guess that does it.

Chris Vaughn

mark@gcrc.aecom.YU.EDU (mark lyakhovsky) (01/17/90)

In article <20969@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, VAUGHN@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
> features.
> BTW, is 3.656 the latest version?
> While I'm asking about terminal prog's, what do you all think is the best
> comm program?(vt100, ANSI, or whatever)
> And finally (boy I'm just full of questions today) how do I find out how to
> use AREXX?  I hardly even know what it is, but I noticed that VLT has an
> AREXX Macro menu item.
> Well, guess that does it.
>
> Chris Vaughn

When i played with it looked alright but i needed a 4105 emulater when i tried
to send it some tek4105 code from some programs from my SUN (loging into my
SUN and setting the term=tek4105) it didnt look pretty everything looked
incredibly shrunk and it keept on looking up even in vt230 or vt220

as far as AREXX is concerned it kept on telling me that it can't open AREXX
port or something like that.

	In conclusion i would like to find out if author meant for this to be
	a tek4105 or is has some bugs or maybe i dont have AREXX.

costello@eplrx7.uucp (Tim Costello) (01/19/90)

From article <254@gcrc.aecom.YU.EDU>, by mark@gcrc.aecom.YU.EDU (mark lyakhovsky):
> When i played with it looked alright but i needed a 4105 emulater when i tried
> to send it some tek4105 code from some programs from my SUN (loging into my
> SUN and setting the term=tek4105) it didnt look pretty everything looked
> incredibly shrunk and it keept on looking up even in vt230 or vt220
>
> as far as AREXX is concerned it kept on telling me that it can't open AREXX
> port or something like that.
>
> 	In conclusion i would like to find out if author meant for this to be
> 	a tek4105 or is has some bugs or maybe i dont have AREXX.

	VLT is a 4014 emulator that supports some of the 4105 color
sequences and that's about it.  It does not support a separate dialog area
which almost all 4105 applications make some use of, that's why things can
get pretty wierd.  I've also found that selective erasure doesn't work so
well so more than one thing overlaps on the screen at a time.  However,
V4.428 just showed up on Compuserve, I haven't gotten it to see what
improvements have been made.

	It works with AREXX but the rexxarplib is required and another
library (help me out here guys and gals) also helps.

	Marco says he has a full 4105 emulator that just needs financial
backing....
--
Tim Costello
Du Pont

martin@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Ross D. Martin) (01/19/90)

> 	VLT is a 4014 emulator that supports some of the 4105 color
> sequences and that's about it.

> V4.428 just showed up on Compuserve, I haven't gotten it to see what
> improvements have been made.
> --
> Tim Costello

I have a copy of VLTjr V4.428.  The docs say that the full VLT 4.428 now
supports almost complete 4105 emulation, with some 4107 extensions.  Needless
to say, I'm dying to have it.

		Ross Martin