[comp.sys.amiga] Disks 295-300 now available

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (12/31/89)

Well, I made it to disk 300 in this decade with a day to spare!

Disks 295-300 are now available.  Shipping to those who have preordered
disks begins tomorrow (12/31) and should be complete by Monday sometime.

Note that you can get a copy of the catalog (2 disks) of the complete
library contents by sending either

	two new blank disks with no labels (you'll get back
	different disks because yours will just go into the
	"bulk blank disk pool") and $1 for postage and a mailer

	or

	$3 for disks, postage, and mailer

to:

	Fred Fish
	Catalog Disk Requests
	1835 East Belmont Drive
	Tempe, Arizona  85284
	USA

Thanks to all who submitted new and interesting material.  If you submitted
something in the past and it has not yet appeared in the library, please
feel free to resubmit it, particularly if it was several months ago.  I
sometimes hesitate to include material submitted more than about six
months ago because of some vague feeling that as soon as I include version
1.01 submitted many months ago, I'll see version 5.23 posted on usenet.

For those wishing to submit material for possible inclusion in the library,
here are a few simple guidelines that will make my job of organizing the
material MUCH easier:

	1.	Don't submit bootable disks or disks with any other
		sort of proprietary material included, since I then
		have to go examine each file to decide if it is
		distributable or not, and if not, what effect removing
		it might have.

	2.	Organize the distribution in a manner similar to my
		disks.  I.E, place all files related to a particular
		submission under a single directory on the disk.  If
		there is more than one submission per disk, it's ok to
		to place each submission in it's own directory.

	3.	Try to write a simple entry for my "Contents" listing
		that summarizes your submission.  It should be about
		3-10 lines, and include the current version number,
		the version and disk number of the most recent version
		(if any) that was last included in the library, whether
		or not source is included, and an "Author" list.

	4.	Ensure that your submission will run correctly from
		it's subdirectory and if necessary, supply a script
		runnable from workbench (via c:IconX) that makes all
		necessary assigns, copies fonts and libraries, etc.

Thanks!!!

CONTENTS OF DISK 295
--------------------

GnuGrep		The grep program from the GNU project.  Replaces grep
		fgrep, egrep, and bmgrep.  Currently does not expand
		Amiga style wildcards, so if you wish to scan multiple
		files you will need to use it with a shell that does this
		for you.  This is version 1.5, an update to version 1.3
		on disk 204.  Includes source.
		Author:  Many (see README file)

Lhwarp		A program which will read tracks directly from your floppy
		disk, compress them using adaptive huffman encoding, and
		output them to a file.  The resulting file can be used by
		lhwarp to reconstruct an image of the original disk.  This
		is version 1.03 and includes source.
		Author:  Jonathan Forbes

MandelMountains
		A program that renders three-dimensional images of
		blowups of the Mandelbrot set.  Includes several example
		images.  Version 1.1, shareware, binary only.
		Author:  Mathias Ortmann

CONTENTS OF DISK 296
--------------------

Comal		Demo of AmigaCOMAL (missing only SAVE), an incremental
		p-code compiler from Denmark.  COMAL is a language with
		the design goal of combining the modern structured
		approach of Pascal with the ease of use and interactivity
		of BASIC.  There are versions of COMAL for IBM, VAX, CP/M,
		C-64, Amiga and various European operating systems.
		Includes a complete turtle graphics package.  Is perfect
		for education yet powerful enough for applications
		programming.  Version 2.0, binary only.
		Author:  Svend Daugaard Pedersen
			 Freddy Dan Dalgas Kristiansen

Patch		A port of the very useful UNIX utility which applies context
		diffs to text files to automatically update them.  This is a
		port of version 2.0.1.6 (patch level 12), which Eric has
		dubbed Amiga version 1.0.  It is an update to an earlier
		version on disk 129.  Includes source.
		Author:  Larry Wall, Amiga port by Eric Green

CONTENTS OF DISK 297
--------------------

Clean		A small program written in assembly code, to be used
		in conjunction with a cleaning disk, to clean your
		floppy drive heads.  Version 1.0, includes source.
		Author:  Dan Burris

DevKit		A collection of C and ARexx language programs to
		facilitate the software development process.  With
		DevKit, you can launch your compiler from within your
		editor, have the cursor positioned on your errors, look
		up the autodoc page for any Amiga function at a single
		keystroke, find a system structure within the include
		files, or find any function in the code you are writing.
		Version 1.2, includes source.
		Author:  Peter Cherna

Elements	Very nice interactive display of the the Periodic Table
		of Elements.  Can display a large amount of pertinent
		data about a selected element along with a good deal of
		general and miscellaneous info.  This is version 1.3,
		an update to version 1.2a on disk 253.  It adds a non-
		interlace mode and extend selection of two elements.
		Binary only, shareware.
		Author:  Paul Thomas Miller

Hypno		A "bouncing polygons" type program like Mackie, LineArt,
		and Bezier.  Includes source in C.
		Author:  Markus Schmidt

Jed		A nicely done, intuition-based editor that is quite
		user-friendly.  Features word-wrap, auto-indent, newcli,
		alt buffer, split-window, keyboard macro, help, printing,
		and more.  This is version 1.1, an update to version 1.0
		on disk 180.  Shareware, binary only.
		Author:  Dan Burris

SuperMenu	An information display system you can use to quickly and
		easily display text files (and sections of text files) with
		the press of a button.  Version 1.62, shareware, binary only.
		Author:  Paul Thomas Miller

WriteIcon	Sample code that creates an icon using a compiled-in image,
		the source of which can be created with Icon2C on disk 56.
		Version 1.0, includes source in C.
		Author:  Dan Burris

CONTENTS OF DISK 298
--------------------

BBChampion	This is BootBlockChampionIII, a very nicely done program
		that allows you to load, save, and analyze any bootblock.
		This is version 3.21, an update to version 3.1 on disk
		244.  New features include checks for five different LAMER
		viruses and some other enhancements.  Binary only.
		Author:  Roger Fischlin

DClock		A "Dumb Clock" utility that displays the date and time in
		the Workbench screen title bar.  Uses only about 2 percent
		of the CPU time and about 10Kb of memory.  Also has an
		alarm clock feature and audible beep for programs that
		call DisplayBeep.  Version 1.5, includes source.
		Author:  Olaf Barthel

Fenster		A program which can operate on windows owned by another
		program, to close them, change their size, refresh gadgets,
		move the window to the background, etc.  This is version
		2.0, an update to version 1.0 on disk 245.  Includes source.
		Author:  Roger Fischlin

FileMaster	A file editor like NewZap or FedUp, which allows you to
		manipulate bytes of a file.  You may also change the file
		size or execute a patch.  Version 1.11, includes source.
		Author:  Roger Fischlin

CONTENTS OF DISK 299
--------------------

Hangman		A simple hangman program similar to one seen on some
		UNIX machines.  Currently runs only from CLI.  Includes
		source in C.
		Author:  Gary Brant

Rxil		An ARexx interface library that makes it easy for programs
		to implement a complete, robust ARexx interface with
		minimal effort.  Version 1.0, includes source.
		Author:  Don Meyer

SceneGenDemo	Demo of a program called Scene Generator, that generates
		very realistic looking landscapes.  This program is an
		enhanced, low cost commercial version, of the Scenery
		program included on disk 155.  This is version 2.03,
		binary only.
		Author:  Brett Casebolt

Yacc		This is a port of Berkeley Yacc for the Amiga.  This
		Yacc has been made as compatible as possible with the
		AT&T Yacc, and is completely public domain.  Note that
		it is NOT the so-called Decus Yacc, which is/was simply
		a repackaging of the proprietary AT&T Yacc.  Amiga
		version 1.0a, includes source.
		Author:  Bob Corbett, Amiga port by Eric Green

CONTENTS OF DISK 300
--------------------

SuperEcho	A neat program to be used with Perfect Sound-like audio
		digitizers that generates LIVE audio effects, including
		Echos, Deep Voice, Squeaky Voice, Many People, M-M-Max
		Headroom and much more.  Binary only.
		Author:  Kevin Kelm

TACL		An adventure player for games written with The Adventure
		Construction Language, a commercial computer language.
		Includes two sample games; one is text-only and the other
		is text-graphic.  Binary only, plus the TACL source code
		that was used to write the graphic adventure.
		Author:  Kevin Kelm and Rhett Rodewald

TitleGen	A simple script language program for generating vertically
		crawling title sequences in any font and up to 500 lines
		long.  Good for video production.  Version 1.6, binary only.
		Author:  Kevin Kelm

XenoZap		A program that recursively descends into directories,
		disabling the Xeno virus in all executable files that it
		finds.  Version 1.0, includes source in Modula-2.
		Author:  Kevin Kelm

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048           asuvax!{nud,mcdphx}!estinc!fnf

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) (01/16/90)

I would like to know how much the fish disks cost.  I know the catalog
disks are $3 but how about the others?  Maybe I'm dense but it ain't obvious
to me.
--
Jim Sanchez  {sun,hplabs}!sytek!syteke!jim OR
Hughes LAN Systems, Brussels  uunet!prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (01/19/90)

In article <692@syteke.be> jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) writes:
>I would like to know how much the fish disks cost.  I know the catalog
>disks are $3 but how about the others?  Maybe I'm dense but it ain't obvious
>to me.

Every disk has a price list in the GeneralInfo file.  The current rates are:

	1-9 disks	$6 ea
	10-49 disks	$5 ea
	50-99 disks	$4 ea
	100+ disks	$3 ea
	"entire set"	$2 ea (applies only to released disks 1-300)

The price is determined by the quantity ordered, any mix of released or
future disks, not by the number shipped each time new disks are released.

-Fred