[comp.sys.amiga] What Is PeopleLink?

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (01/19/90)

The title says it all. I would like to know what PeopleLink is, how much it
costs and how I get on the system. I have heard a lot about PD programs that
are on the system and there seems to be a lot of Amiga stuff.

Thanks in advance.

- Sean Schur

hrlaser@gryphon.COM (Harv Laser) (01/19/90)

In article <11468@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>The title says it all. I would like to know what PeopleLink is, how much it
>costs and how I get on the system. I have heard a lot about PD programs that
>are on the system and there seems to be a lot of Amiga stuff.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>- Sean Schur

From anywhere in the USA:
1-800-524-0100 (VOICE), 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, Central time
1-800-826-8855 (MODEM), 24 hrs every day 3/12/2400 baud [hit return
 slowly a couple times after conneciton]

Either number is for more info or to signup for People/Link, which is
a national/international centrally-based (in Chicago) "real time"
multi-user pay system with an active Amiga support area known as
the "AmigaZone" which I run.

Prices vary depending on how you connect and what time of day you
connect and what  baud rate you use but rates can be quite
inexpensive.

Access is by Telenet or Redi-Access, two national packet-switched
networks with "nodes" coast to coast or direct dial to Plink's
Chicago numbers if you live in that city.

If you lose this info, remember "AmigaWorld, Special Graphics Issue,
Page 40" for a Plink ad.

--
Harv Laser
hrlaser@gryphon.COM      <routing site>!gryphon!hrlaser