[comp.sys.amiga] Pascal & Modula2 ?????

CCGAVIN@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz (Gavin Stone-Tolcher...Prentice Computer Centre) (01/19/90)

I am looking for implementations of the languages Pascal and Modula2 for the
amiga. Preferably I would like to know if there are any Public Domain versions
available and where I could obtain copies of them.

I would also be interested in any views on commercial versions available.
Please E-mail or post to the net.

Many Thanks,
--
Internet: ccgavin@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz.au         Phone: +61 7 377 3025
  Postal: Gavin Stone-Tolcher, Prentice Computer Centre

scott@wilbur.uucp (Scott Beckstead) (01/21/90)

In article <7291@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz> CCGAVIN@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz (Gavin Stone-Tolcher...Prentice Computer Centre) writes:
>I am looking for implementations of the languages Pascal and Modula2 for the
>amiga. Preferably I would like to know if there are any Public Domain versions
>available and where I could obtain copies of them.
>
>I would also be interested in any views on commercial versions available.
>Please E-mail or post to the net.
>

>Many Thanks,
>--
>Internet: ccgavin@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz.au         Phone: +61 7 377 3025
>  Postal: Gavin Stone-Tolcher, Prentice Computer Centre
>          Queensland University, St Lucia, QLD Australia 4067.

  I have seen and have a PD compiler for both.  The Files are only on a
local BBS that I know of however if you want to send me disks and a mailer
I'll be happy to ship them to you.  Reply by mail and let me know.  The
Pascal compiler is written in itself and seems to work OK I have not tested it
extensively.  The modula2 compiler is on the wierd side (like the language)
and has some caveats (I have not tested it either).  They are both available
on a BBS in the Los Angeles (san fernando valley) area called 1939.  The
number escapes me at the moment.  I am sure they are at some FTP site
as both of them have UUCP addresses in the DOCS.
Scott

                     | In Vino Veritas--- In wine there is truth.        |
                     | Is somehwat disappointing compared to:            |