[comp.sys.amiga] Cheap DRAM

kms@ecsvax.UUCP (Ken Steele) (06/26/89)

I finally get to expand my 512k StarboardII (only a few epochs
behind everybody else).  Please e-mail recommendations for
a cheap place to purchase DRAM's (or places to avoid).

Thanks,
--ken
--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.[bitnet || UUCP]
             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

hue@netcom.UUCP (Jonathan Hue) (01/21/90)

In article <732@godot.psc.edu> eberger@godot.UUCP (Ed Berger) writes:
>So to add 2M of RAM it costs you ~$320.
>To add 2M of RAM to the A590 cost me ~$158.50 (all you need is the chips)
>To add 2M of RAM to a Supra/500 or Pacific Periphs costs ~$269

I bought 2M of memory today for $134.  This was for 16 Samsung 256Kx4 DRAM
80ns.  The 100ns access time chips were 25 cents less each, but they ran
out.  The company is:

Central Computer Systems
3575 Stevens Creek Blve #E
San Jose, CA 95117

I asked them if they take mail order and they said yes.  I also asked them if
they would exchange defective chips and they said yes, but so far no one has
returned any.

-Jonathan