[comp.sys.amiga] Using Handshake and 2400zi modem

rolee@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Profess'nal Agitator) (01/21/90)

In article <1990Jan19.152411.19953@aucs.uucp> 880274d@aucs.UUCP (Ralph Doncaster) writes:
> ...  (the 2400zi manual states Hanshake does not work)

I also have a Supra 2400zi internal modem and am currently using Access!
with it.

The manual lists several other programs that can be used with the modem, but
I do not have any of the others except Handshake and I could probably obtain
A-Talk.

I would like to use another protocol other than XMODEM.  Are there any
Supra2400zi owners out there who use a program not listed in the manual.  If
so, is it necessary to use ModemModify on that program?

In particular, I would like to use my modem with AZComm as it is the only
comm program I have that has ZMODEM.  Does anyone know if this is possible?
Trial and error hasn't worked.

Thanx in advance,

Agitator
  #->

--
   "CalTech -- A Division          rolee@jarthur.claremont.edu   InterNet
       of Harvey Mudd"      #->    rolee@hmcvax.bitnet           BITNET

880274d@aucs.uucp (Ralph Doncaster) (01/22/90)

rolee@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Profess'nal Agitator) writes:
>In particular, I would like to use my modem with AZComm as it is the only
>comm program I have that has ZMODEM.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have successfully use AZcomm and my 2400zi, after using ModifyModem on it.
-Ralph

|Ralph Doncaster        Don't Steal - The Government hates competition.     |
|880274d@AcadiaU.CA     329 CHI, Acadia University, Wolfville, NS B0P 1X0   |
|UUCP: {uunet|watmath|utai}!cs.dal.ca!aucs!880274d  BITNET: 880274d@Acadia  |