[comp.sys.amiga] UUCP 1.01

robocop@netmbx.UUCP (Thorsten Ebers) (01/20/90)

Hi Fans,
having received the new UUCP 1.00 but having read the minor problems
I would like to have the the that changed in 1.01 .That come to the question

 Can anyone send me the patches for 1.01 to
 my account : alg161@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de

 Don't send me any patches to my account I 'm sending this article.
 Don't send me any patches to robocop@netmbx.

 Thorsten

--
Thorsten Ebers                      Overseas:..pyramid!tmpmbx!netmbx!robocop
Horstweg 28                         Europe  :..altger!tmpmbx!netmbx!robocop

magik@sorinc.UUCP (Darrin A. Hyrup) (01/22/90)

In <4086@netmbx.UUCP> robocop@netmbx.UUCP (Thorsten Ebers) writes:
> Can anyone send me the patches for 1.01 to
> my account : alg161@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de

Sorry, but at the time of this writing (Jan 21, 1990) there are no patches
or updates available to the AmigaUUCP 1.00D distribution. Of course, since
there have been bug reports logged, and we've also found (and killed) a
couple small ones here, an update will be forthcoming. However, don't
expect it right away, since both Matt and I are pretty busy right now, and
as the bugs are not major, the new release isn't top priority at the
moment.

The most common problems, and their solutions are to be sure and set your
stack size to 30,000 (or more) so rnews will work properly, and to be sure
that all your executables (uucico, uuxqt, etc) are in your search path.

(i.e., say if you put your executables in bin:, make sure you have
something like:

      path bin: add

in your startup-sequence somewhere.)

You should also set the environment variable "USER" to the username that
you choose for yourself, so Dmail won't complain. Although this isn't a
biggy, and it will be fixed in the update, it will stop the complaints.

Its also recommended that if you are using AmigaUUCP for reading news that
you have at least 1.5mb of RAM in your machine, as it allocates pretty huge
amounts of memory for unbatching. The news stuff is from the Loftus/Shein
AmigaUUCP 0.60 distribution, which wasn't addressed in 1.00D. A full C News
implementation is slated for a possible future release, and should solve
most of the problems there.

> Thorsten

Best wishes,

      Darrin Hyrup
--
Darrin A. Hyrup              // AMIGA Enthusiast         rencon!esfenn!dah
magik@sorinc.PacBell.COM   \X/ & Software Developer   pacbell!sorinc!magik