[net.music] CAPTAIN BEEFHEART

dgd (03/12/83)

   ODes anyone out there know where I can get a copy of the songsheet included
in the first printing of Trout Mask Replica? It has never been re-issued, but
I have heard that it exists. If you can help me, please respond via mail, to
 ...!decvax!brunix!dgd.

  Thanks.

peggy@ism70.UUCP (11/10/84)

For the Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet) Fans, here are some of my favorite
lyrics from the "Bat Chain Puller" album:

				 HARRY IRENE

		     HARRY IRENE
		     WERE A COUPLE THAT LIVED IN THE GREEN
		     HARRY IRENE
		     WERE A COUPLE THAT RAN-A-CANTEEN
		     RAN-A-CANTEEN
		     RAN-A-CANTEEN
		     TWO PEOPLE
		     HARRY AND IRENE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN
		     THE FLOOR WAS MADE OF OAK
		     THE DOOR WAS SMOKEY GREY
		     THEIR TUNA SANDWICHES
		     WOULD TURN THE DARK INTO DAY
		     THEY SOLD WINE
		     LIKE TURPENTINE TO PAINTERS
		     THEY TOOK TO SOCIAL LIFE
		     LIKE PROPS TO AVIATORS
		     HARRY IRRENE
		     WERE A COUPLE THAT RAN-A-CANTEEN
		     HARRY IRENE
		     WERE A COUPLE THAT LIVED IN THE GREEN
		     RAN-A-CANTEEN
		     RANA CANTEEN TOOK HARRY
		     FOR ALL OF HIS GREEN 'N IRENE
		     HARRY WAS LEFT HOLDIN' AN EMPTY CANTEEN
		     'N BY THE WAY FOLKS IT WAS DUSTY NOT HARRY
		     WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
		     WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
		     WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS
		     POOR HARRY, I GUESS

wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) (10/22/85)

    So what is Don Von Vilet up to these days?  Someone told me that
Mr. Beefheart made a rare appearance on "Late Night" sometime this past
summer and presented his first-ever (to my knowledge) video.
Is there a new album out?
    If anyone out there saw this episode of Late Night, e-mail me back
 a summary.

"A squid eating octupus in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous..."

Jeff

floyd@brl-tgr.ARPA (Floyd C. Wofford ) (10/25/85)

In article <1217@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) writes:

>"A squid eating octupus in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous..."
>
>Jeff

"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous...
       got me?"

floyd

southard@unc.UUCP (Scott Southard) (10/25/85)

In article <1217@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> Jeff Haferman writes:

>    So what is Don Von Vilet up to these days?  Someone told me that
>Mr. Beefheart made a rare appearance on "Late Night" sometime this past
>summer and presented his first-ever (to my knowledge) video.
>Is there a new album out?
>    If anyone out there saw this episode of Late Night, e-mail me back
> a summary.

I didn't see Captain Beefheart this past summer but he did appear on
a talk show, which I believe was "Late Night", soon after "Ice Cream for
Crow" came out a few years ago.  They showed the video (or at least part
of it) for "Ice Cream for Crow", but I'm afraid I can't remember it well
enough to describe it.  I *do* remember that it was rather strange, but
then I guess that is to be expected.

"Come with me if you want to live"

   - Scott Southard