[comp.sys.amiga] VIRUS ALERT! A.M.A.S. shipped with SCA Virus

"kosma@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com"@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com (01/23/90)

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 90 10:20 PST
From: Montgomery Kosma <kosma@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com>
Subject: VIRUS ALERT! A.M.A.S. shipped with SCA Virus
To: "eagle::amiga-relay%udel.edu"@Kahuna

Hi net...

I just bought the A.M.A.S. Midi/Sampler and was fooling around with it
last night.  I had copied the system software to my hard drive and found
that something in my system was making the region pointers in the sample
editing window be invisible (if anybody has any ideas on that one, let
me know--could be morerows, arp, qmouse, GOMF, etc.?)  Anyway, I decided
to try running it off of the original disk copy, and in the process upon
rebooting I discovered "A wonderful thing has happened...your amiga is
alive!"--unfortunately I didn't have virusx running (it's in my startup
sequence now)...

Anyway, the virus has been eradicated, but if anybody out there buys
A.M.A.S., beware!!  I plan to phone the U.S. distributor today and let
them know, if they don't already.

monty
kosma@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com