[comp.sys.amiga] Good Spelling checkers?

ted@nieland.dayton.oh.us (Ted Nieland) (01/21/90)

Anyone have any recommendation for a good spell checker for the Amiga?

I just recently bought my 2000HD (with a 2091 and Quantum 40, which is
great).  I will be using my Ami to write a book (using AmigaTeX) and I need to
find a good spell check program.  I am used a program on VAX/VMS that
understands TeX/LaTeX and ignores the directives and just checks the normal
text.  Does anything like this exist for the Ami?

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

--
M. Edward (Ted) Nieland

Ted@NIELAND.DAYTON.OH.US     (aka  uunet!dayvb!nieland!ted)

ejkst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (01/23/90)

In article <01934.AA01934@nieland> ted@nieland.dayton.oh.us (Ted Nieland) writes:
>Anyone have any recommendation for a good spell checker for the Amiga?
>
>I just recently bought my 2000HD (with a 2091 and Quantum 40, which is
>great).  I will be using my Ami to write a book (using AmigaTeX) and I need to
>find a good spell check program.  I am used a program on VAX/VMS that

ISpell has an TeX mode.  It is available on Fish disk 191 and other places.

If you'd rather spell check in real time (as you type) the text editor
Uedit is available with spell checker.  (It will also check spelling
all at once, i.e. 'batch' mode.)  While the stock spell checking
commands don't allow for TeX keywords, it can be easily modified to act
this way.  I have done this, and I could make my spell checking
commands available.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cis.unix.pitt.edu