[comp.sys.amiga] COMAL on amiga

music@batman.moravian.EDU (music) (01/21/90)

I've heard there's a version of COMAL for the Amiga. Can anyone
verify this and tell me anything about it? Does it have a compiler
(unlike the C=64/128 version)? Thanks.

| Stephen J. Heller     | Moravian College, Music Dept.,  Bethlehem PA 18018 |
| Department of Music   | CSNET -> music@batman.moravian.edu                 |
| Music Technician      | UUCP  -> ...!rutgers!liberty!batman!music          |
| Phone - 215/861-1664  | INET  -> music%batman.moravian.edu@relay.cs.net    |

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (01/24/90)

In article <895@batman.moravian.EDU> music@batman.moravian.EDU (music) writes:
>I've heard there's a version of COMAL for the Amiga. Can anyone
>verify this and tell me anything about it? Does it have a compiler
>(unlike the C=64/128 version)? Thanks.

	Yes AmigaComal version 2.0 has been released and is very good. It is
being marketed in this country by the Comal Users Group of Madison, Wisc.
Except for Mytech Comal (which never did very well) they have been the ones
behind all the versions of Comal sold here.
	The main program can be purchased for about $99. There is a compiler
that sells for an additional $35. Comal for the Amiga is a vast improvement
over the versions sold for the C128 or IBM. If you want to try it out
Len Lindsey of the Comal Users Group has released a demo version (missing only
the 'save' and 'enter' functions) which can be gotten from most BBS's or from
one of the recent Fish disks (I think it was #296). Try it; you will like it!