[comp.sys.amiga] Lowell Board

reynaldo@athena.mit.edu (Rey Villarreal) (01/24/90)

Could someone send me specs for the Lowell Board. Also how close to
completion. I here Commodore bought the rights to it. Which leads to
this non-informed guess. Take a A2000 with the new chip set, WB1.4,
outline fonts, Add a A2630 with 4 megs, a 40 meg hd,put in a Lowell
Board and a funky sticker and viola an A3000. A multitasking '030
machine with 1024X1024 resoltion with 256 colors simultaniously.

---Worlds most ardent Oiler fan

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (01/25/90)

In article <1990Jan24.111849.1673@athena.mit.edu> reynaldo@athena.mit.edu (Rey Villarreal) writes:
>...this non-informed guess. Take a A2000 with the new chip set, WB1.4,
>outline fonts, Add a A2630 with 4 megs, a 40 meg hd,put in a Lowell
>Board and a funky sticker and viola an A3000. A multitasking '030
>machine with 1024X1024 resoltion with 256 colors simultaniously.
>
>---Worlds most ardent Oiler fan
Ha Ha.  Seriously, I don't know what is in a A3xxx [my zero key isn't working,
scuse me...], but I can *almost* guarantee it won't be the Lowell card.  As
far as I had heard, there was just too much code that needed to be re-written to
support such a card.  Of course, Commodore might do that -- yeh right...  I
want 32 bit graphics chips, not hacked cards.  But they probably won't be in
the 3xxx either.

I must restate that I have never seen the 3xxx at all.  My guess is that they
would want to market such a machine as a Unix box [that way the real
advanced machines with advanced graphic chips don't push the 3xxx right out
the door like the 68x3x did to the 68x2x board...].  Given that, they'll give
you a bigger drive than 40 meg.... :>...

I still want one, though...

David Navas