[comp.sys.amiga] Icon Blinking Weirdness and my clock is gone.

apdonsig@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Allan Donsig) (01/24/90)

I just installed my Hardframe 2000 with Quantum 105S, and having
done some rudimentary poking around with Matt's UUCP and the recently
posted YACC (both which have bugs), the GURU has made many appearances.
Unfortunately, I now have the following two problems:

	1) "battery backed clock not found"

		Nothing I seem to do can fix it.

	2) The Disk Icons on the workbench "blink off, then on"
           for just a short fraction of a second every 4 or 5 seconds.
           I have never noticed this before.

Help anyone?
--------------

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (01/25/90)

In article <20106@watdragon.waterloo.edu> apdonsig@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Allan Donsig) writes:
>I just installed my Hardframe 2000 with Quantum 105S, and having
>done some rudimentary poking around with Matt's UUCP and the recently
>posted YACC (both which have bugs), the GURU has made many appearances.
>Unfortunately, I now have the following two problems:
>
>	1) "battery backed clock not found"
>
>		Nothing I seem to do can fix it.

try SetClock RESET [or whatever that silly command is...]

>	2) The Disk Icons on the workbench "blink off, then on"
>           for just a short fraction of a second every 4 or 5 seconds.
>           I have never noticed this before.

Hmmm, sounds like Workbench is continually getting disk inserted/ejected
messages and is clearing the background window to redraw the new [though non-
existant] icons.

Maybe a faulty driver?  I'd try a cold boot before panicking, however.
Maybe you have a new virus strain...  :> :>  [Just kidding]

David Navas
navas@cory.Berkeley.Edu