[comp.sys.amiga] Standing 2000 on its side

gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Gary Smith) (01/25/90)

Has anyone placed a 2000 in the 'tower' position i.e. under the
desk/on its side?  Do hard disks normally have to operate horizontally?

thanks
Gary.

valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea) (01/25/90)

In article <13085@watcgl.waterloo.edu> gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Gary Smith) writes:

>Has anyone placed a 2000 in the 'tower' position i.e. under the
>desk/on its side?

Yes, it fits nicely on a desk that way. Looks cool too.

> Do hard disks normally have to operate horizontally?

No, particularly not the 3.5 inch hard disks which can be used on a hard card,
like the Quantun 40S. But don't take it for granted, look in your hard disk
manual before actually positionin it that way.

Valentin
--
The Goddess of democracy? "The tyrants     Name:    Valentin Pepelea
may distroy a statue,  but they cannot     Phone:   (215) 431-9327