[comp.sys.amiga] Floptical drive update -- What a bummer!

      Well... Remember how I was so happy about possibly getting these
"floptical" drives really cheaply if we got enough people?

      In mail to people who responded to my original article, I told them
that this was not a done deal, and I hope that I implied it in my original
article... [I do not believe I explicitly stated it]

      Today I received a reply from Brier Technology... They said that
the floppies will be $25 apiece...

      However, they also said that they will not sell to us [a group
of 100 people I was assembling], because it wouldn't be "appropriate"
and we're not OEM customers. What a joke. It seems that if they allow OEM
customers to buy in lots as low as 100, they should allow a group of
individuals to buy 100 too..

      NOT ALL hope is lost yet though... Just 1/2 the hope (heh heh)...
I still haven't received a reply from Insite, and they possibly will let
this deal go through.

      If they don't, I guess I'll have to change my .signature!

      Just wanted to keep everyone updated on the situation.
--
If you want info about a 20 meg "floptical" drive mail me. YOU CAN ALSO
GET ONE FOR --$440-- (NEW **LOWER** PRICE!) BY MAILING ME. [WE HAVE TO GET

brandonl@amadeus.WR.TEK.COM (Brandonius) writes:

>You know, even the terminolgy for eraseable CD's isn't nice.
>Let's see, magneto-optical disks.  Hmmm... MOD's?  Sound good?
>Can we establish a common term here, whilst bypassing a hundred and
>fifty institutes, associations, and societies?

Well Write Once Read Many are called WORM drives, so let's call
read-writeable many times type drives...

WARM drives. Write And Read Many

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406