[comp.sys.amiga] Mac Emulation.

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (01/31/90)

In article <9001311933.AA21881@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET
("Timothy Stark ", Picard) writes:

>   About Mac Emulation, I heard that someone can run system 6.0.3 on
>A-Max Emulator. How install system 6.0.3 (256k operating system)?? Thanks
>for your responses!!

     When I got my A-Max, I grabbed a system disk from the nearest
Mac and tried it.  It turned out to be 6.0.3.  It's a good thing I
didn't realize it wasn't supposed to work.  :-)  The only problem
I've had (aside from the Mac's obnoxiously condescending operating
system) was when I tried running Microsoft Works' word processor -
the machine would lock up as soon as I tried to access any menu.
Anything else I've tried works just fine, except for ReadySoft's
own file export utility, which refuses to recognize any file at all
(I can get files from the Amiga to the Mac, but not the other way).
If ReadySoft comes out with their equivalent of Mac-2-DOS, converting
in a single step from the Amiga side, things will be great.  Hard
drive support for the A2090/2090A/2091 would be nice too.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
You are in a maze of twisty little menus, all alike.