[comp.sys.amiga] Amigas on TV

rap@rap.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (05/11/89)

I don't know if DigiView is available for other systems, but the
technique of producing a picture (the horizontal windowblind effect
from left to right, and the subsequence colorscan from top to bottom
to colorize the result) was featured on the "Murder By Moonlight"
made for TV movie with Bridgitte Neilsen (sp?) a couple of nights ago.
This happened when they received a picture transmission of the bad
guy from home base.  So maybe Amiga WAS a star, in the background
anyway (the computer itself was not visible in any scene).

(nobody else posted this that I noticed, but then maybe everyone else
 spent their time working on Amy instead of [in retrospect] a great
 waste of time spent in watching the movie)

Rob Peck

murphy@pur-phy (William J. Murphy) (05/12/89)

In article <6407@ardent.UUCP> rap@rap.ardent.com (Rob Peck) writes:
>to colorize the result) was featured on the "Murder By Moonlight"
>made for TV movie with Bridgitte Neilsen (sp?) a couple of nights ago.
>This happened when they received a picture transmission of the bad
>guy from home base.  So maybe Amiga WAS a star, in the background
>anyway (the computer itself was not visible in any scene).

I didn't see the whole movie, just the end.  But I noticed that when
Bridgitte analyzed the drug that Elezar supposedly drank, there was
a display that reminded me VERY VERY MUCH of animballs that is was
posted a long time back to usenet. They used just a simple cube
arrangement which came with the package. So, maybe Amy was the star?

Bill Murphy
murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu

joe@bryans.scc.com (05/13/89)

As far as I could see, the movie "Murder by Moonlight" did contain scenes
of Deluxe Paint - but on what looked like an IBM system.

BUT, have you noticed on the PBS show "MOTORWEEK" that during one report
there was an Amiga 1000 sitting on a desk.?

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (The Amiga Programmer) (05/13/89)

I have three things to say/ask...

Amiga on TV:

the Cable TV Prevue guide in Albuq NM has:

a commercial for the 500 every 30 minutes or so.
a picture of the famous ape with color cycling (DPAINT??)

Amiga Live:
for the a1000:

what excellent low cost memory boards that have passthrus
that work with the a1000 amiga live system?

Hans

***********************    Hans Bechtel
* Amiga is One    /   *
* of The Best    /    *    hansb@ariel.unm.edu
************** \/ *****    (505) 275-2797

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (01/31/90)

Sorry to post this publicly, but mail bounced...

|------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|

|------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------|
 alberta.uucp!brant ... transport smtp: 554 <brant@alberta>... Unknown host or
domain in address

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 13:38 PST
Apparently-To: alberta.uucp!brant
Subject: Amigas on TV
From: mindlink!a218 (Charlie Gibbs)

     Sorry it took a while to get back to you.  I haven't been
able to dig up too much here.  I cross-posted your message here
and got the following responses:

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP