[comp.sys.amiga] Revision to Educational Purchase Plan

schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) (02/01/90)

The following news release was posted on CompuServe by Commodore, today, 31
January 1990, and is reposted here with permission:

 AMIGA EDUCATIONAL USER UPGRADE OFFER
     (MARCH 31, 1990, DEADLINE)

The announced Commodore Education Purchase Program allows educators, university
students who are working toward a degree, and others involved in the
instructional process to be eligible for special pricing on Commodore bundled
systems and individual CPUs. Under the announced program individual components
must, however, be purchased in conjunction with an education system
configuration or an individual Amiga CPU in order to qualify for the price
reduction.

In recognition of the efforts of current Amiga education users, with
establishing and supporting the use of Amiga in their school or campus
community, Commodore is making a special offer. Between now and March 31, 1990,
Commodore Education Marketing is happy to authorize the purchase of individual
components by existing education Amiga users under the Education Purchase
Program. After March 31, 1990, peripheral components will qualify for special
education pricing only when purchased with an Amiga CPU or one of the
specially-configured bundles as provided in the announced program. Therefore, if
Amiga education users act now, they can enhance or upgrade their current system
at a significant savings.

This special offer is being made only until March 31, 1990. The purchase must be
placed on an Education Purchase Plan Order Form. In order to qualify, the order
must be for a minimum of $250 worth of products. Verification of eligibility
must be completed on all orders. Please contact the nearest Authorized Commodore
dealer for additional details. Call 1-800-627-9595 for a dealer near you.

************************************
Extra Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with Commodore, just thought that this
information would be of interest to the newsgroup.
Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer
ARPAnet (Defense Data Network):		        schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil

jbm@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (John Boardman) (02/02/90)

In article <786@cs.nps.navy.mil> schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) writes:
>The following news release was posted on CompuServe by Commodore, today, 31
>January 1990, and is reposted here with permission:
> AMIGA EDUCATIONAL USER UPGRADE OFFER
>     (MARCH 31, 1990, DEADLINE)

(stuff about current educational offer)

>In recognition of the efforts of current Amiga education users, with
>establishing and supporting the use of Amiga in their school or campus
>community, Commodore is making a special offer. Between now and March 31, 1990,
>Commodore Education Marketing is happy to authorize the purchase of individual
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>components by existing education Amiga users under the Education Purchase
 ^^^^^^^^^^

 Hey, alright! if any of you remember my previous posting, I kinda flamed CBM
 for shutting out the current users. I had many replies, and not one flame
 back on me. The concensus was "We agree!"
 I must now take the bandwith to praise CBM on this turnaround (even if it is
 valid for only one month). That may give me (and others like me) time to
 grab some of that good stuff. thank you, thank YOU, THANK YOU! COMMODORE!!
 The students I've talked with at K-State all gasped in disbelief when I showed
 them my price sheet (even the IBaMess student rep. in my Software Engineering
 group!) They agreed it was a bum deal for current users. Wait 'till I tell
 them about this kind of support! This can only improve your image, CBM.

>Program. After March 31, 1990, peripheral components will qualify for special
>education pricing only when purchased with an Amiga CPU or one of the
>specially-configured bundles as provided in the announced program. Therefore,
>if Amiga education users act now, they can enhance or upgrade their current
>system at a significant savings.
>This special offer is being made only until March 31, 1990. The purchase must
>be placed on an Education Purchase Plan Order Form. In order to qualify, the
>order must be for a minimum of $250 worth of products.
>See a dealer for additional details. Call 1-800-627-9595 for a dealer near you.
>Extra Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with Commodore, just thought that this
>information would be of interest to the newsgroup.

 I would say that you are right about that! I know it is the best news I've
 heard since reading about the discounts the first time. I also said in my
 too. Well, the company is along, I'd say!

>Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer

John Boardman
Completely Satisfied Amiga User!
jbm@phobos.cis.ksu.edu