[comp.sys.amiga] More graphics power

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (02/03/90)

In message <PORTUESI.90Jan30102413@tweezers.esd.sgi.com> Michael Portuesi
writes:

wayne> Currently if you want to make money on the Amiga you are forced to use
wayne> the Amiga's rather poor graphics.  This is becoming a major problem for
wayne> the type of code I'm interested in doing.  So I'm really hoping the A3000
wayne> will offer some really improved display modes.

> Wayne, I happen to agree with what you say, but quite honestly you're
> beginning to sound like a broken record.  I'm sure the people at
> Commodore understand the importance of more speed, higher resolution,
> and greater color bandwidth to the Amiga's future.

If that is so, how do you explain the fact that the Lowell hires-board is
probably never coming? The first stories about more resolution were already
around in 1986, and now it's almost 4 years later and there's still nothing
concrete around (except the SANG board, but without software it's no use).

I begin to believe that Commodore just looks at the Amiga line as a
(depending on the model) expensive home- and game-computer.
Although I always hear of how Commodore is pushing into the professional
sector, doing great advertisement and so on, I don't see ANYTHING of that.
Maybe because I live in Europe, but the Amiga market here is a very big
slice of the sales.

--
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com