[comp.sys.amiga] 2090-overscan bug/AmigaUUCP/TVText

magik@sorinc.UUCP (Darrin A. Hyrup) (02/03/90)

In article <02098.AA02098@sosaria> wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) writes:
>I just saw that in my From: line, it says wizard@sosaria.UUCP, I'd like it
>to say wizard@sosaria.imp.com. I've included in my uucp:lib/config file
>the line DomainName .imp.com, but obviously I didn't get that right....
>What do I have to do?

Thats because we didn't do anything (much) to the news area at all. Its
pretty much "straight from the box" out of the Loftus/Schein AmigaUUCP 0.60
distribution, so it doesn't use our UULIB:Config very much, etc. We're
pondering a full C News port right now as a replacement for that, but at
this time there is no such beast. I've since made a better postnews which
handles these things better, but it didn't make it to the distribution.

>Oh yes, and that problem of saving messages in my mailbox-file....how
>exactly do I have to set up my mailbox file? I found that dmail saves
>nearly all files to a file named mbox (which I never specified), but the
>real important mails (the ones which I saved manually) are nowhere to be
>found anymore (of course).

The mbox directory can be changed by a command line argument, but I don't
remember off the top of my head if you can change the file name from "mbox"
or not. I have no reason to attempt it myself, as I like "mbox". ;-)

To save a file manually, you must specify the full path name of where you
want it to go. I believe it defaults to "Tmp:" for the destination
directory if you don't specify one yourself.

>Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

Hope that helps,

      Darrin Hyrup
--
Darrin A. Hyrup              // AMIGA Enthusiast         rencon!esfenn!dah
magik@sorinc.PacBell.COM   \X/ & Software Developer   pacbell!sorinc!magik