[comp.sys.amiga] Falcon Landings.

scot@amigash.UUCP (Scot L. Harris) (02/03/90)

>robin@reed.UUCP (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) writes:
>
>and then at the last minute, pull the nose up.  The manual is fairly clear
>on this, but remember version 1.0 would not really allow you to land
>at any rank higher than lt.

Not true!  After many missions I was flying at Major level all the time
and consistently able to land the aircraft.  Just ignore the ILS crap and
watch the airspeed and AOA.  Keep them withing limits and chop the power
as you reach ground level.  A lot of the time the plane starts to stall
as you hit the runway so you have to juggle the stick some to keep the
nose up.

I do suggest however that you get the Counterstrike mission disk.  It does
have many improvements.  (just love shooting up that train and the trucks
as they move along)

One big disappointment however was when I set up a direct connect line.
The various objects that each person sees are not communicated over the
line, hence you can not fly one of the missions as a team.

BTW: I did find that the Counterstrike mission can be achieved in only
4 missions at Major level.  Anybody do better?

--
          _
    ///  /_\      Scot L. Harris !tarpit!rtmvax!amigash!scot