[comp.sys.amiga] NewZap

bleys@tronsbox.UUCP (Bill Cavanaugh) (02/03/90)

>Do you guys realise that NewZap 3.18, by John Hodgon, has a wee bug searching
>for strings - it will not find strings that are split across sectors.
>So some times you miss a few occurances!
>(Maybe it's been fixed, anyone got a later version?)

NewZap 3.20 is floating around...  I haven't had a problem with text
searches yet.

uunet!tronsbox!bleys         BIX: bcavanaugh

"The perversity of the universe tends to a maximum"

                             Finagle's First Law

In <25ca4975:4089.2comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP>, bleys@tronsbox.UUCP (Bill Cavanaugh) writes:
>>Do you guys realise that NewZap 3.18, by John Hodgon, has a wee bug searching
>>for strings - it will not find strings that are split across sectors.
>>So some times you miss a few occurances!
>>(Maybe it's been fixed, anyone got a later version?)
>
>NewZap 3.20 is floating around...  I haven't had a problem with text
>searches yet.

NewZap 3.20 does indeed have the problem. If you are searching for either a
text string or a byte sequence that spans sectors (ie. NewZap sectors), it will
not be found. If you haven't had a problem yet, it means that you haven't
searched for anything that spanned sectors, or that you just didn't notice when
something wasn't found.

-larry

--
  This life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life,
  you would have been told where to go and what to do.