[comp.sys.amiga] BattleChess to hard disk

joeb@marque.mu.edu (02/03/90)

In article <1990Feb1.060616.16007@agate.berkeley.edu> laba-3en@web-1c (Raja S Kushalnagar) writes:
>And oh, one more thing, how can I copy BattleChess onto my harddrive?
>I tried the apparently obvious solution of assigning dh0: to fh1:, but it
>failed miserably. Any pointers? -> not a NULL pointer though :).
>FYI, BattleChess is not copy protected and has a program (and icon) which
>will let you copy it to dh0:.  I also tried direct copying, but it failed
>too.  Oh well.

The procedure is fairly simple:

	1) Edit (in binary) the CopyToDH0 program on the disk (or a copy...).
	   Change all occurrences of DH0: to Bch: (or equivalent).  I used the
	   recently posted ZAP program by Timo Rossi (comp.binaries.amiga).

	2) Assign Bch: to where you want the game, and create the directory:

		assign bch: dh0:games/battlechess	(for example)

	3) Run CopyToDH0.  It will copy all necessary files to that directory.

That's it!  Apparently you don't need to change occurrences of DF0: in the
main BattleChess program (there aren't any, actually).  In fact, you only
need the assignment when you copy the game to disk - ie. you don't need
the Bch: assignment when you run the game.