[comp.sys.amiga] C-LTD gone - out of luck for SCSI tape backup.

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (02/06/90)

In article <9001310506.AA07946@jade.berkeley.edu>, GORRIEDE@UREGINA1.BITNET (Dennis Robert Gorrie) writes:
> I have been told I will need a SCSI
tape driver specific to my CLTD controller
> if I want to use it to do tape backups.  Unfortunately, they are no more,
> and I don't think there are any such tape drivers available.
> IF anyone should write a SCSI tape driver for the C-LTD controllers,
> please feel free to reply.
> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |Dennis Gorrie                 'Sudden de-compression Sucks!'           |
> |GORRIEDE AT UREGINA1.BITNET                                            |
> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

A friend of mine had sent in his C-Ltd controller to be updated to the
Kronos, along with a check.  The check was cashed the very nxt day, but he
never did hear from them.  After calling them, he was told that they were
doing 4 boards/day, and that he was 12th on the list.  This was the
Friday before they disappeared.  Since then he has made numerous calls
to Wichita, and last week received a call from an attorney representing
C-Ltd.  He was told that all of C-Ltds assets had been turned over
to creditors, but never once was bankruptcy mentioned.  He was also
told that he was SOL on the money end, but that when they got the
time and the manpower, you kust might get his card back.  he has
since filed some papers with the attorney generals office for that
part of Kansas.

If anyone has any equipment outstanding with C-Ltd, you may want to
give the AG's office a call and get on the official waiting (or
is that wait an see) list.

George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221