[comp.sys.amiga] Journey - once more

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (02/03/90)

Sigh...I'm beginning to worry about my adventuring ability. Despite
getting several tips concerning the Journey problem at the Gate (with the
writing above it) I still didn't manage to get past it.
All tips said something like "you're reading it backwards", but that seems
not to be enough for me.
Can anybody give my a real spoiler? I don't want to try any longer.

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

dfrancis@dsoft.UUCP (Dennis Heffernan) (02/07/90)

In article <02178.AA02178@sosaria> wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) writes:

>getting several tips concerning the Journey problem at the Gate (with the
>writing above it) I still didn't manage to get past it.

	I know this should go in mail, but...  Simply put, the language used
to write that inscription is read right to left, not left to right.  Read
it that way, and it'll make sense.  I'd tell you exactly what to say, but I
didn't keep notes.  (Though I think it's the words for "open gate".)

--
	--dfh	...uunet!tronsbox!dsoft!dfrancis
		"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition