[comp.sys.amiga] Need Simple c Source for Opening a Screen w/Menus

LDSHANER@MTUS5.BITNET (Leon D. Shaner) (02/05/90)

I am just beginning to use Lattice C 5.04 and need some help opening a screen.
I would like to have a menu with a QUIT option and an Amiga Q key sequence to
Do the same as the menu Item.  I will hopefully be able to add everthing else
I need, I just need something to get me started.  And I guess menus and hotkeys
are probably not too simple, especially for a beginner.

Anyone with the time?

If anyone has the source to the game Solitaire! that would probably be helpful,
too, since it has most of the features --  of a screen with hotkeys and menus.

Thanx in advance.

Simple source examples of other programs that might be enlightening
would be appreciated, also.
-------
+--------------------------------+----------------------------------+
+------------------------------------+----------------------------------+

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (02/08/90)

>  Subj: Need Simple c Source for Opening a Screen w/Menus
>I am just beginning to use Lattice C 5.04 and need some help opening a screen.
>I would like to have a menu with a QUIT option and an Amiga Q key sequence to

Ok.. a few things here (if I can find some source Ill mail it.)

1)  Get the ROM KERNAL MANUALS: Libraries and Devices, Autodocs and Includes.

2)  "Programmers Guide to the Amiga" m- By Robert A. Peck Pub by Sybex.

3)  After you learn how to do this, get power windows and save the effort!

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

stevep@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Steve Paine) (02/09/90)

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>>  Subj: Need Simple c Source for Opening a Screen w/Menus

>3)  After you learn how to do this, get power windows and save the effort!

Mmm... power windows? Sounds interesting. Would this save hours of typing
in NewWindow,Gadget,Image,Screen etc structs?
If so, LETS HERE SOME MORE!

	Steve Paine.
	British Telecom Research,
	ENGLAND.