[net.general] X.25 on UNIX?

tom@rlgvax.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site rlgvax.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 12:36:38 EDT
Organization:RLG Corp., Reston, VA

Is there any X.25 hardware/software around
for a PDP-11 running UNIX?

I am trying to set up one of two situations:

-       a point-to-point setup with a terminal controller overseas (Europe).
	The problem is that the overseas machine will most likely be
	non-DEC (Burroughs, in fact).

-       a remote-terminal capability with terminals overseas, with a single
	communication path through a packet network back to the PDP-11 here.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer on this.
Due to the specificity (is that a word?) of the request, mail replies
seem most appropriate.  If someone has general info, it can be posted,
though I'm not sure which is the best newsgroup for this sort of stuff
(as you can tell from the different newsgroups this is being posted to;
sorry about that).

- Tom Beres

{seismo, mcnc, we13, allegra, brl-bmd}!rlgvax!tom