[comp.sys.amiga] Installing a fan in an Amiga 2000

gest_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Gavin Stark) (01/25/90)

How can I install an extra fan in my Amiga 2000 to cool my hard disk.  I have
one extra drive power connector, could I somehow connect it to that?

Thank you in advance.

Gavin Stark (gest_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu)

dickow@ui3.UUCP (02/06/90)

>How can I install an extra fan in my Amiga 2000 to cool my hard disk.  I have

   You shouldn't need an extra fan, however I thought that folks might like
to know that my regular A2000 fan burned out around XMas time, and I was able
to use a Radio Shack 3-1/2" brushless muffin fan (sorry, don't have the part
number) to replace the unit. I had to file away a little of the plastic to
fit around one of the coils on the power supply board, but the unit is almost
an exact replacement and works fine.

Bob Dickow (...egg-id!ui3!dickow)
           (rdickow@groucho.mrc.uidaho.edu)
           (dickow@idui1.bitnet)

stan@jazz.UUCP (Stan Fisher) (02/10/90)

In article <33980002@ui3.UUCP> dickow@ui3.UUCP writes:
>>How can I install an extra fan in my Amiga 2000 to cool my hard disk.  I have
>   You shouldn't need an extra fan, however I thought that folks might like
>to know that my regular A2000 fan burned out around XMas time, and I was able
>to use a Radio Shack 3-1/2" brushless muffin fan (sorry, don't have the part
>number) to replace the unit. I had to file away a little of the plastic to
>fit around one of the coils on the power supply board, but the unit is almost
>an exact replacement and works fine.

Be carefull!!!

I was told by one of our user group members that the Radio Shack fan only
puts out HALF the CFM air flow of the stock fan!!

You may risk overheating your Amiga/Power Supply !!!

Check the ratings for air flow on these fans before you buy them.

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804