[comp.sys.amiga] The VirtGIF pgm everyone wants!

consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) (02/08/90)

Wow!  I mentioned that I had VirtGIF around 3:00 yesterday, and I've
already gotten 50+ messages requesting it!  Well, guys, I'd love to
send it to every one of you, and I sure will!  But first, I'd rather
post it to comp.binaries.amiga.  Can anybody here tell me how to do
that?  I've already uuencoded the ZOO file, so I just have to submit
it.

If I don't have an answer on this by Friday, I'll mail it
individually.  Wow - THAT ought to be fun!  Oh, yeah - PLEASE E-MAIL
YOUR RESPONSES INSTEAD OF WASTING BANDWIDTH WITH WHAT IS PROBABLY
COMMON NET-KNOWLEDGE!

+-------///--------------------| BRETT KESSLER |--------------------\\\-------+
|      ///       E-Mail to: consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu       \\\      |
|     ///         or try: consp11@bingsuns.pod.binghamton.edu         \\\     |
| \\\///                and to: consp11@bingvaxa.BITNET                \\\/// |
|  \XX/                   or on PeopleLink: B.KESSLER                   \XX/  |

aliu@nunki.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) (02/08/90)

In article <2940@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) writes:
>Wow!  I mentioned that I had VirtGIF around 3:00 yesterday, and I've
>already gotten 50+ messages requesting it!  Well, guys, I'd love to
>send it to every one of you, and I sure will!  But first, I'd rather
>post it to comp.binaries.amiga.  Can anybody here tell me how to do
>that?  I've already uuencoded the ZOO file, so I just have to submit
>it.

I sent VirtGif 2.0 to xanth.cs.odu.edu /incoming/amiga about 1-2 months
ago, maybe it is still there...

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/10/90)

In article <2940@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) writes:
> But first, I'd rather post it to comp.binaries.amiga.  Can anybody
> here tell me how to do that?  I've already uuencoded the ZOO file,
> so I just have to submit it.

Just split the uuencoded zoo down into manageable chunks < 100k each
and mail them to <amiga@cs.odu.edu>, or post them (if you news
software works right, your posting will appear in the amiga mailbox).

There's notes on preparing submissions in the monthly ``Answers to
Frequently Asked Questions'' (or something like that) posting in
comp.sys.amiga.

	...tad

In article <7969@chaph.usc.edu> aliu@nunki.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) writes:
> I sent VirtGif 2.0 to xanth.cs.odu.edu /incoming/amiga about 1-2 months
> ago, maybe it is still there...

Unless I get mail from the person who uploads things to xanth's
/incoming/amiga directory, I'm not likely to notice it's there.

And unless the person also suggests/requests that it go out to
comp.sources/binaries.amiga, I don't bother putting it in the queue.

	...tad