[comp.sys.amiga] Internal floppy recommendations?

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (02/08/90)

Gronk, gronk.  I need to replace a floppy in my 2000.  I'd like to hear
any positive recommendations on something I can mail order.  Thanks!

Ned Schultz  nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu (02/10/90)

In article <25d0c651.35b8@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) writes:
> Gronk, gronk.  I need to replace a floppy in my 2000.  I'd like to hear
> any positive recommendations on something I can mail order.  Thanks!
I recently, uh, shall we say, forced myself to add a primary floppy to my
2000HD.  I found a Toshiba (can't remember the model number) for $65
dollars (I think $72 with shipping) which was very easy to install except
that it is a little bit too small.  I still havent tried to use washers or
something to get it higher.  It came ready for installation into a 5-1/4"
slot in something called a universal adapter kit.  It was usefull for
everything except providing a 3-1/2" faceplate.  The eject button was in a
different place so when I finally put spacers in, I'll have to cut out a
little more on the old faceplate.  (The old drive won't know the difference
;-))

> Ned Schultz  nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

   Charlie